MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that good really is it ?
Picked up my Cooper S Clubman last night and have not been particularly impressed with it so far.
What's other peoples thoughts on it ?
What does the hifi actually consist of, I take it there is an amp, is there a small sub anywhere on the car ?
Has anyone tried to upgrade the hifi with good results ?

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Interesting.
especially when I read the other posts by the OP
This is a secondhand demo car which appears to have been bought without a test drive .

MMM not my way of buying things.

Also there are a lot of threads and posts on here regarding the relative merits (or not) of the HiFi option - personal taste and quality of ears seems to come into play. I am basically tone deaf.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Interesting.
This is a secondhand demo car which appears to have been bought without a test drive .

Also there are a lot of threads and posts on here regarding the relative merits (or not) of the HiFi option - personal taste and quality of ears seems to come into play. I am basically tone deaf.
Pardon?

:p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting.

Took 1st drive when I picked it up last night.
I didn't buy it for the stereo ;)
Thought it would be better considering the £350 or so that BMW charge for this option.
Then again the HK systems in the E46 3 series was never anything special either.
Love the car though.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm hoping it's half decent as I've specced it along with the ipod kit on my car, my Audi A2 had the Bose system which I enjoyed, it wasn't as good as a bespoke package but noticeably better than the standard system.

·
MCS & Cobra 427
46 Posts
I picked mine up 2 days ago also, with Hi-fi option. to be honest, it's not bad although I have heard better. You need to crank up the bass & treble settings though. One thing I did notice: the First Aid pack that is supposed to be in the boot (left hand side behind panel) isn't there because the Hi-Fi amp is.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I'm hoping it's half decent as I've specced it along with the ipod kit on my car, my Audi A2 had the Bose system which I enjoyed, it wasn't as good as a bespoke package but noticeably better than the standard system.
Bose to Hifi = disapointment IMO;)

You'd have been better off money wise and quality wise taking it to NewMINIStuff.com and getting the upgrade done there;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi
I love my hi fi and i am impressed with the bass responce from the speakers especially the rear ones,I have all the settings set on zero.The only minor complaint i have is the lack of any real speaker control settings as I believe you could adjust these on the h k system. I mainly use my Sony mp3 player through the aux jack and I only wish I had the money for the full bluetooth option.
Barry

·
Registered
83 Posts
I heard the hifi and its not bad for a £350 option.

To be honest without the addition of a sub and some seriously good front door components i can't see it been beaten for price/sound quality ratio.

:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had the car a couple of days now and can happily say the HiFi option is OK, comparing it to the Bose in my Audi the Bose was louder but wasn't as good on mid range, the HiFi is a smoother sound where the Bose was quite harsh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts