MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my MCS JCW in to the dealer today for some minor faults to be repaired (8 months old) I have the engine rattle when cold and a few other niggles. But as I walked through the showroom there it was a DS/B Factory JCW S I tried my hardest not to look or even glance over at it but failed.

I take delivery on Thursday :p

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey! well done! I was going to order yesterday but have been taken back at the offer of £10500 for my O5 MCS works. I paid £18200 for him two and half years ago and was expecting a bit more than that! Am going for a second opinion at the weekend somewhere else. He only has 11000 miles on the clock. Hope you got a good deal for yours!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hey! well done! I was going to order yesterday but have been taken back at the offer of £10500 for my O5 MCS works. I paid £18200 for him two and half years ago and was expecting a bit more than that! Am going for a second opinion at the weekend somewhere else. He only has 11000 miles on the clock. Hope you got a good deal for yours!
Though the government is not totally to blame, the 2nd hand car market (and trade-in prices) is bad at the moment. The government wants everyone to be buying low CO2 'green' cars. Therefore any car that has a healthy appetite for petrol is going to suffer and the 1st generation S's and JCW's cars are probably included in that. Trade-in prices are not great at the moment. Good luck, hope you can get a good deal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can we have some pictures please? my DS/B Factory JCW is going into build this week and i'm not getting it until at least the 26th of September (am on holiday) - so some piccies to keep me going much appreciated!!

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can we have some pictures please? my DS/B Factory JCW is going into build this week and i'm not getting it until at least the 26th of September (am on holiday) - so some piccies to keep me going much appreciated!!
Sure no worries hopefully it will stop raining by then so I can get the camera out ... :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Congratulations! You will love it! Have had mine for just over a week. Awesome.

One thing to watch out for is that the factory appear to have "forgotten" to fit darkened glass in the back as part of the Chilli pack. Proposed solution appears to be dealer fit the back and side windows........

I might keep mine as they are.

Reactions: droopy2

·
Registered
476 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: Wow, I've an '05 works and have been looking at parkers today for a rough guide as to its value and its around 13,600 at a franchised dealer. yes the markets not great at the moment for selling but to be offered that for yours is a bit harsh I think and I know the dealer will have to make something out of it. Have seen '05 works around various classifieds from between 13-14,500 so not sure whats really happening in the market or you were offered a naff price. Reason i'm looking is considering getting mine appraised and getting the new one but this may put me off!! Test drive first though ( which maybe isn't a good thing ) !!

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well after owning it and driving it for a week it was time for a bath. Wash,rinse,dry,clay bar,polish and wax in between the rain drops.

So here he is all clean and ready.:biggrin:

Pictures 1 and 4 are HDR images.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
That looks fantastic!! I might change the indicator bulbs though.

Reactions: droopy2

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks fantastic!! I might change the indicator bulbs though.
Thanks took most of the day to get it like than and it is now peeeeeeing it down :frown:

I was looking at that today and thought exactly the same thing. I am going to get it up to mikeythemini very soon for the audio upgrade and will buy some bulbs from him then....

BTW CR/B is a fantastic color you will not be dissapointed.....

WD

·
Registered
566 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: Wow, I've an '05 works and have been looking at parkers today for a rough guide as to its value and its around 13,600 at a franchised dealer. yes the markets not great at the moment for selling but to be offered that for yours is a bit harsh I think and I know the dealer will have to make something out of it. Have seen '05 works around various classifieds from between 13-14,500 so not sure whats really happening in the market or you were offered a naff price. Reason i'm looking is considering getting mine appraised and getting the new one but this may put me off!! Test drive first though ( which maybe isn't a good thing ) !!
I fully agree, went to another dealer ad was offered the same! I think its disgusting so my purchase of a new one is on hold for the moment until I decide what to do. No way am I letting it go for that! Dont drive it! You will want it!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Have been back to the dealer today and he upped it to £11000. I will not be ordering until the March 09 plate now, would have ordered sooner if I had made a bit more, was hoping for £12500. Thought I might get that with such a low mileage and the extras I have. May have a go at selling it private so I can order quicker!

·
Loving his JCW!!!
274 Posts
Have been back to the dealer today and he upped it to £11000. I will not be ordering until the March 09 plate now, would have ordered sooner if I had made a bit more, was hoping for £12500. Thought I might get that with such a low mileage and the extras I have. May have a go at selling it private so I can order quicker!
Changed your tune! Im glad but seem to remember you arguing with just about everyone that the Factory JCW just woudnt be worth the extra money over your far superior R53!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I do love Swiper loads and feel terrible but when I drove the new works last week I was blown away, nothing like the R56 works upgrade at all, which I didnt like.

Since I have driven it though I cant help but want one, its a different beast altogether. The improvements are immense (brakes, gears, acceleration,) even the turbo lag has all but disappeared!

Dont start me off though because I still love the supercharger.

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

It is very hard to resist once you have taken a test drive. I would have thought you'd get more for yours though....

WD

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the pictures - just three or so weeks to wait for mine !!

What are HDR pictures?
Multiple pictures taken with different exposure settings and then combined into one. It captures more detail from the different exposures....

·
FS58MBW
69 Posts
Well after owning it and driving it for a week it was time for a bath. Wash,rinse,dry,clay bar,polish and wax in between the rain drops.

So here he is all clean and ready.:biggrin:

Pictures 1 and 4 are HDR images.....
Awesome photos!! I should have checked back to this thread sooner! And the first real world idea of what mine will look like. Stunning!! Love the atmospheric backdrop of fields and brooding clouds....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts