MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Look what I spotted on the way home from work:D

Did a quick U-turn, got out the camera and waited for the staff to take one of the other cars into the dealership and managed to get a few photos of it for you all:)

I have to say that even as someone who isn't that big a fan of the R56 that the JCW did have me grinning from just being one of the first to see it:D:D But also from the fact that it does seem to have real presence, those exhaust pipes are HUGE and its those and the fact that there was only a JCW badge on the rear which made me realise what I had just passed on the road along with the inclusion of the JCW aero kit:D:D

It really looked awesome, I just think its a shame that the JCW aero kit wasn't just saved as exclusive to the factory JCW car, as then it would have really stood out from every other MINI on the road as something that is special:(

What else I noticed was that there is not JCW embosed or etched into the exhaust pipes like before which did used to be a nice detail, so its a shame thats gone:( But I did like how it had no other badges on it except the JCW one, I guess thats so it doesn't get confused with all those JCW MINI One, and JCW MINI Cooper out there that like to slap the badge on because they have one item from the accessory range;):p

It was also nice that the drivers window was left open so I managed to get an interior shot, you can just make out the speedo which goes up to 160mph:)

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
Where are the pics, then?

A friend of mine saw one at a dealership in the West Midlands yesterday. Well, not actually at the dealership, but across the road getting filled up with petrol. And frankly he'd not know a Works from a ONE, but for the salesman filling it up telling him that it was a Works.

Roll on April '09, eh?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great spot but not very good pics of those cool wheels Rakey! Come on a side view would have been good!

xx
I know, but I only had about 3 minutes before someone came back out:eek:

Wanted to get some underneath shots and brake shots but didn't get chance I'm affraid:(

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I was only joking! Well done. I lurked about for 20 minutes before the BMW man left the clubman for my seeky shots too when I spotted that last summer so I know what its like!

Great work and it looks mean! Are the wheels nice? Maybe contemplating them for mine?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was only joking! Well done. I lurked about for 20 minutes before the BMW man left the clubman for my seeky shots too when I spotted that last summer so I know what its like!

Great work and it looks mean! Are the wheels nice? Maybe contemplating them for mine?
Wheels were really nice, would be even nicer in anthracite;)

I felt excited when I saw it, and also partly oh but whats so special about it, mixed reaction really, but I think I'll have to get a test drive in it:D

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Not keen on the side indicator grilles and that exhaust :eek: The normal Works Exhaust is much better!!

Apart from that I like it :p just like any other S with a JCW Aero Kit really :eek: Xcept those lovely alloys! :D

·
Giggity-goo!
2,670 Posts
Wheels were really nice, would be even nicer in anthracite;)

I felt excited when I saw it, and also partly oh but whats so special about it, mixed reaction really, but I think I'll have to get a test drive in it:D
I'm still not completely sold on the R56 but I'm very intrigued but this factory JCW. Are you not a little concerned that you'll prefer the new JCW to your GP Martin if you test drive it?

That's what worries me, as much as I want to have a go :eek:

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
With coded arches and sideskirts plus rear mudflaps it looks ok , not up to GP standard though, still got a lot of fettling to sort the looks on these Works 55/56 cars.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts