MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking today how great it would be if mini brought out a stage one upgrade for the factory JCW. It's supposed to have a stronger clutch, gearbox and uprated engine/turbo over the 'S' so given an 'S' can easily be tuned to Factory works power surely mini could develop a 240ish BHP upgrade for the factory works.
I'd certainly put my name down for one...:D

·
Wanted an Audi
2,105 Posts
Was thinking today how great it would be if mini brought out a stage one upgrade for the factory JCW. It's supposed to have a stronger clutch, gearbox and uprated engine/turbo over the 'S' so given an 'S' can easily be tuned to Factory works power surely mini could develop a 240ish BHP upgrade for the factory works.
I'd certainly put my name down for one...:D
Yes the S can be made made to give out the same BHP as the Factory JCW. However take into consideration most of the mods to get the S to the JCW power band have already been done on the JCW when it leaves the factory. Just the Factory takes things such as upgrading engine, and gearbox parts into consideration to cope with the power, then theres the brakes too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I doubt they'll be able to squeeze much more power out of the engine. Heard the twin scroll turbo is a nightmare to tune. BMW/JCW were hoping for 220hp but could only manage 208hp. Even Peugeot are struggling to get past this figure...think top gear mentioned it'll feature 217hp in a 308 look-a-like CC.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Maybe able to get more power out of the engine but i think driveabalility would suffer

My factory works has more torque steer than stage 1 kit R56 - i think more power would make it more of a handful - not necessarily an improvement!

Ditching the runflats would help traction i guess

·
Wanted an Audi
2,105 Posts
I doubt they'll be able to squeeze much more power out of the engine. Heard the twin scroll turbo is a nightmare to tune. BMW/JCW were hoping for 220hp but could only manage 208hp. Even Peugeot are struggling to get past this figure...think top gear mentioned it'll feature 217hp in a 308 look-a-like CC.

I think the reason for this is emissions more than anything. Im sure that the Evos (at least some) have a twin scroll turbo. I dont think it will be hard to get another true 20bhp out of her.

TQ Steer was better in the JCW I drove, but I guess that could be down to road surface.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts