MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if the programming selections are made at the factory or at the dealer? Can a recent cabrio buyer tell me what options were on their car when they picked it up without ordering any changes?

I am specifically interested in these:

DRLs (on or off)
Top opening/closing using remote (on/off)
Auto lock doors at drive off?
Auto unlock doors when ignition is turned off?

Thanks. My cabrio was produced last week so now I am waiting for it to be loaded for transport to East Coast.

·
Tigergreen
21 Posts
All your programming desires were included as standard on my MCSC picked up on Friday. This also included the "see me home" lights which is a cool function.

If you do want any changes to the standard options make sure you let the dealer know before you pick the car up as they need to be programmed by the service team before hand over and you do not want to be hanging around for your maiden voyage.

The programmable options are found in the handbook so most "buyers" do not know what is available prior to handover and I hear that many customers are not offered the options at the time. I managed to find a copy of the handbook on the web prior to picking up my car, but in the end did not see the need to change any of the factory standard options. Sorry at the moment can not remember at what site the handbook was found but may update you in due course when I switch my brain on.

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
I would suggest printing out the list and circling/highlighting the options you want and then sending it to the dealer. This is what I did and everything works just the way I want it. Oh, and get the speed sensative wipers programmed. They are GREAT! Just used the feature the other day.

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
rmorin said:
I am curious if the programming selections are made at the factory or at the dealer? Can a recent cabrio buyer tell me what options were on their car when they picked it up without ordering any changes?

I am specifically interested in these:

DRLs (on or off)
Top opening/closing using remote (on/off)
Auto lock doors at drive off?
Auto unlock doors when ignition is turned off?

Thanks. My cabrio was produced last week so now I am waiting for it to be loaded for transport to East Coast.
sorry for a stupid question but what is DRLs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts