MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Special offer on Whalen Shift Knobs!

After much careful deliberation by key members of the Marketing Committee, we (okay, I :D ) have decided to expand a group buy for my Aussie friends, to include everyone; and we'll just call it a "Fall Sale".

For the remainder of this month, any order placed by a member of MINI2 will receive free engraving AND free shipping, anywhere in the world.

Of course, you'll still have to take your chances with your own country's duties and import taxes; that stuff is out of my control. :D

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Brilliant, you have made my mind up now Doug, I want one please, I think I have arranged a Special courier too;)

will contact about the design I have in mind and transport details:D

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
nice one doug!! been thinkin about gettin one for a couple of months now and thats made my mind up :D

just cant think of an engraving :confused: any ideas appreciated!!

do we just need to drop you an e-mail when we order so you know we saw the offer on mini2?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am also interested in getting the Whalen shifter, but because I already installed a Rogue short shift kit, is there any added advantage to getting the Whalen shifter?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fizzle said:
nice one doug!! been thinkin about gettin one for a couple of months now and thats made my mind up :D

just cant think of an engraving :confused: any ideas appreciated!!

do we just need to drop you an e-mail when we order so you know we saw the offer on mini2?
Yes; e-mail is fine. Or if you order from my website and use Paypal, just make a mention in the "notes" box about the offer.

As for the engraving design, that's a very subjective thing. Perhaps someone on the forum will toss some ideas at you.
Nearly anything can be done.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
razorbackmini said:
I am also interested in getting the Whalen shifter, but because I already installed a Rogue short shift kit, is there any added advantage to getting the Whalen shifter?
I guess you would have to find someone who has one of my knobs with the Rogue shifter.
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with it at all.

Sorry!

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Doug, I'm tempted to get one myself, will it fit onto a normal threaded stick? (I've just bought a short shifter)

Pay day is in 2 weeks, how long does the offer last??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Doug W. said:
I guess you would have to find someone who has one of my knobs with the Rogue shifter.
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with it at all.

Sorry!
The kit is all underneath. It did not change the original equipment shift knob or shaft/stick. As I understand it, there was a plate installed underneath the shifter that essentially shortens the shift throw by about 25%. Does the Whalen shifter further aid an already shortened shift throw?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
razorbackmini said:
The kit is all underneath. It did not change the original equipment shift knob or shaft/stick. As I understand it, there was a plate installed underneath the shifter that essentially shortens the shift throw by about 25%. Does the Whalen shifter further aid an already shortened shift throw?

In the "old days", I only made the knobs to fit BMW's; and on those cars, my shift knob actually sits about 1 1/8" lower than a stock knob.

Unfortunately, when installed on a MINI, mine sits a bit HIGHER than stock, and there isn't anything that I can do to make it sit any lower.
There is a note on my website to that effect.

Sorry!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Doug W. said:
In the "old days", I only made the knobs to fit BMW's; and on those cars, my shift knob actually sits about 1 1/8" lower than a stock knob.

Unfortunately, when installed on a MINI, mine sits a bit HIGHER than stock, and there isn't anything that I can do to make it sit any lower.
There is a note on my website to that effect.

Sorry!
Thanks Doug. I am sorry for not being clear. I am not looking to LOWER the shift knob. I am aware that your knob is heavy. In your opinion, can your knob further quicken or otherwise benefit the shifting of an MCS with a shift kit? Heck, even if not they look so cool, that I think I want one anyway. How do I order to take advantage of this deal?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Doug W. said:
Special offer on Whalen Shift Knobs!

After much careful deliberation by key members of the Marketing Committee, we (okay, I :D ) have decided to expand a group buy for my Aussie friends, to include everyone; and we'll just call it a "Fall Sale".

For the remainder of this month, any order placed by a member of MINI2 will receive free engraving AND free shipping, anywhere in the world.

Of course, you'll still have to take your chances with your own country's duties and import taxes; that stuff is out of my control. :D
Hi Doug,

Is the free engraving including custom design or just those you have on your web site?

Thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
minigolf said:
Onya Dougie, cheers mate ... but there's a small problem. It's spring in Australia, do we have to wait until autumn, sorry, fall, to place our orders! :D

Sorry; forgot about you guys being in the Southern Hemisphere! :eek:

I suppose I'll let you in on the deal anyway.

I just have to remember to rotate your knobs 180 degrees in my CNC mill before I do the engraving, so they look correct after being installed South of the equator. :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
monsta said:
Doug, I'm tempted to get one myself, will it fit onto a normal threaded stick? (I've just bought a short shifter)

Pay day is in 2 weeks, how long does the offer last??
For the Alta lever, I have to make a special threaded knob. The good news is that it's actually easier for me to make a threaded one, so it's a bit cheaper for the customer.

E-mail for more discussion, please: [email protected]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
razorbackmini said:
Thanks Doug. I am sorry for not being clear. I am not looking to LOWER the shift knob. I am aware that your knob is heavy. In your opinion, can your knob further quicken or otherwise benefit the shifting of an MCS with a shift kit? Heck, even if not they look so cool, that I think I want one anyway. How do I order to take advantage of this deal?

You can order from my site, if paying via Paypal. Just don't select an engraving design, and you won't be charged. We can discuss your design via e-mail; [email protected]

Of course, you may also order via e-mail or FAX, and pay with a VISA or MasterCard.

I try to make it easy for you to give me your money; I mean, MAKE YOUR PURCHASE. :eek:

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Thanks a bunch Doug. Very generous. I will put it out to my club and see who is interested. Bound to be a few. :D I will submit my order soon!

·
Brrrp Brrrp!!!
280 Posts
Great whalen sale

Hey Doug,

just for clarity's sake,

1. How much in total would we have to pay for the Knob?

2. When will this offer end?

Cheers,
B.

·
Being normal is not fun!
3,920 Posts
Doug, you killed my group buy! :D

I'm glad the deal we arranged can now be offered to all Mini2'ers. Now I"ve just got to get my :bad::bad::bad::bad: into gear and select my design!

Cheers mate, I'll be in contact soon.

Kev

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The_Bster said:
Hey Doug,

just for clarity's sake,

1. How much in total would we have to pay for the Knob?

$130.00 total, unless you have such a complex engraving design that I can't draw it up without help from a graphics expert.
(Occasionally, I need to have a jpeg or other file converted to DXF; in which case, there could be a small additional charge.)

2. When will this offer end?

The end of this month.

Doug

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.