MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
LBC SUCKS BUTT!!
849 Posts
I like the EL conversions alot - really trick. It's just a shame the Chrono guage is such a non-starter for modding.

·
LBC SUCKS BUTT!!
849 Posts
I feel so ashamed I posted that thread

Edit: on second thoughts, I no longer feel ashamed

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry - didn't realise!

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
Went bust, not close down is what I heard;)
I'd never used or even heard of them, I just remembered a thread on here (that Ron then found :D ) saying they'd closed down.

The website's been updated since January though, so maybe they are back?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I'd never used or even heard of them, I just remembered a thread on here (that Ron then found :D ) saying they'd closed down.

The website's been updated since January though, so maybe they are back?
Yes website has changed, but I don't think the owner has, which would make me think twice about spending money based on their history;)

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't buy any of it, I just liked some of the things like the rainbow rev counter and stuff like that. Still, it would be about as much good to me as a chocolate tea pot. Still, with passengers, it would be a talking point!

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't trust the company (if it's still around or resurrected, or whatever), but feel free to make your own judgements. Searching the forum can bring up some helpful posts from others on companies you're considering using.

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
I ordered black gauge faces directly from OutMotoring. It worked out cheaper including delivery and import duty than buying from Essential Mini.

I had to wait as they custom made some more faces for the UK spec gauges, as we have different lights to the USA.

Top quality finish, but the diffuser could do with some more work to get it 100%. I ended up taking a drill and dremel to a bit of plastic in the tach, but that was pretty simple and to really needed unless you want it to look 100% perfect with the lighting.

·
I'm avin 'oops
1,225 Posts
mmmmm and i loved the idea that we could change the interior lighting

I mean it is possible on teh normal lights so why cant the same technology be applied to the instruments?

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
Nath,

probably the reason you can't.shouldn't change the instrument lights is that the hue for the instruments is chosen to be one in the red part of the spectrum, which won't dilate your eyes. thus you can look down at the instruments at night, look back at the road and your eyes don't have to adjust. really important for making sure you see people/animals/other objects at night. (it's also why astronomers use red torches at night to read sky charts)

i don't care much for the red, but i figure it's the safest colour for the instrument lights, so i'll keep it.

·
I'm avin 'oops
1,225 Posts
ahh yes you are right but you gotta admit it would be cool

personally I like a soft green glow (i converted an old car to do this and had no problems) but I imagine that i will just have to live with it as is!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts