MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may be an outdated saying from the 60's, but being a child of the 60's and now relishing the whoop of my mini it just seems very appropriate.

My wife and I were at the local zoo>>*ahem*>>>shopping mall today. While were there only a few hours I was kind of stressing out by the end of our visit. Upon arriving home in her Honda Civic(that I once thought of as kind of peppy) I thrust myself into my Cooper for a zip around the block(about an 8 mile loop on flat twisty southern Maine coastal road). Now I'm a fairly conservative sort in most things I do. Obeying the rules of the road usually being one of them. Well once the engine was warmed up I found myself traveling at just a mile or so below the posted speed following a Buick. Up to this point I'd been scooting around the turns at about 20 mph above the posted 25/30/35 mph. And loving it! Knowing I'd have a few chances to pass in the all no passing zone areas where I live I took the chance(no police around that I could detect with the naked eye)...downshift....step on the gas(still keeping the rpm below 4500 because I've only 500+ miles logged so far) and zip around that old hound like she'd stopped to water a hydrant!

Now I know what you all get out of this little devil. Quite addicting and also very good at stress relief.

Thanks for all the posts I've read so far. Like a blind man whose just beginning to see for the first time this ride is opening my eyes as to what a fun ride it is. :D

·
50 PMs no sig group
22,285 Posts
The more I drive the more I love it :D I've a few more miles on the clock than you - had the car for 6 months - and there's nothing better than dropping down a gear (or two) to sweep past slower moving traffic. All within the speed restrictions of course ;) :D :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too enjoy the pick up in the MINI. My wife normally rides our MINI ( I ride a motorcycle) but I drove it today to get the windows tinted and I was having great time driving it. I really had to watch myself as I came into a town where the limit was 35mph. I passed two cars coming in this morning and didn't have to down shift. It is a blast to drive!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.