MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering- wot average speeds people were achieving in their new mini's? I've got 30 mph on my computer, and thats mainly around milton keynes (loads of roundabouts), so who finks their the fastest and most furious? :):D :p

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
30mph around Milton Keynes?! Our roads are mostly 60 and 70's, what are you doing, reversing?!

;)

I take it that also counts when you drive through the estates and also have to wait at roundabouts (usually for some daft idiot who was turning left all along but didn't think it was worth indicating to let you know you COULD HAE GONE after all!!)... Not that that is a pet hate of mine or anything.

;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
daft idiots and my theory . . . .

Paul_Mullett said:
30mph around Milton Keynes?! Our roads are mostly 60 and 70's, what are you doing, reversing?!

;)

I take it that also counts when you drive through the estates and also have to wait at roundabouts (usually for some daft idiot who was turning left all along but didn't think it was worth indicating to let you know you COULD HAE GONE after all!!)... Not that that is a pet hate of mine or anything.

;)
Redhotmini might be able to maintain a 30mph average speed around MK by making an educated guess that some daft idiots are actually turning left?

In other words Paul - he could have an amazing ability to recognise daft idiots on roundabouts!

He therefore spends less quality time waiting!

But, his luck could run out . . . I mean, he might one day lose his unique power of facial intention translation (FIT)!

Or, he`s using the RedhotminiWays?

Seriously, I have a theory that might help you understand what happens at roundabouts . . the driver we all witness failing to indicate, does indicate 99.999% of the time, but on that one single particular occasion he/she transmogrify themselves into a daft idiot!

Just the one time in 2 or 3 years MAYBE?

Not that it isn`t also a pet hate of mine either - but my theory sometimes assists in coming to terms with the phenomena.

But not very b****y OFTEN ! !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
632 Posts
making no assumptions . . . .

Word of warning here - the previous post, don`t try this at home . . . please don`t assume that because a new MINI LOOKS as though it is going a bit left-ish, sort-of . . that it is actually exiting the roundabout ! !

Veery important information that you might care to digest before you venture out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Redhotmini said:
I was just wondering- wot average speeds people were achieving in their new mini's? I've got 30 mph on my computer, and thats mainly around milton keynes (loads of roundabouts), so who finks their the fastest and most furious? :):D :p
Is the software used to run the MINI computer written by Mic**s*ft by any chance ? Might explain the indicated average speed !!

NB.

Dislaimer:

Any implied reference to Microsoft Corporation is entirely incidental and could not possible constitute the basis for any legal action.

:cool:

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
We have lots of rotary's (round abouts) here on Cape Cod. Naturally, we enter to the right and proceed counter-clockwise through the rotary to the LEFT! That's why MINI specifically made the MINI to drift left!, for those of us in New England! Brilliant!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Roundabout exit speed

Don't know how my average would compare as no 'puter. All I know is that my entry and exit speeds from certain roundabouts are far higher than I've ever experienced before. The car inspires so much confidence you can just throw it into roundabouts at obscene speeds.

Can't wait for some dry days now as the roads have been damp, wet or icy almost continously since I've owned a MINI.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Alas, no computer either so can't comment on this.

Maybe we could change the idea here a little bit, and see who's clocked up the most speeding points in their new MINI?!:D :D :D

kjs

(so far, so good for me, but I'm sure I'll get my first speeding points in my Cooper - had a couple of "near misses" at the sight of rozzers on the motorway though)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I got stopped the other day. I don't think it counts though, only 80mph with a warning (no points :D :D ) and in parting he said it was because he couldn't read my rear number plate. I couldn't either. Guess I'll have to wash it.

But to average speed, no computer but I covered 201 miles in 181 minutes, so an average of - where's the calculator?

Just under 67 mph

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOLOL! Somehow i don't think its worked out like that mate- but then don't ask me how it is dun properly :D

Haven't had any near misses at the mo - touch wood - as i dun fink there are that many coppers around ere :), my friends all call bedfordshire- Jurassic Park!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Try Northamptonshire, pilot area for the new Policemans Benevolent Fund Cameras. You never know when Big Brother is catching you on film.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Average Speed

The trip computers in all cars start averaging as soon as the car is turned on, unless you go very long distances at high speeds your average speed will be in the 30-35mph range. Reset it the next time you enter a high speed road, and check it when you get off. Unless you can start your car and do 65 in your diveway the average speed will be low. It is ment to be set at the begining of a trip, and checked at the end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts