MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else off here had their Electric Window Motor and Regulator replaced?.

My Passenger side packed in last month, and now the Drivers side has done the exact same thing. It really annoys me as it is my time to get the damm thing fixed. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
Maybe it was my exhaust on last weekends run that scared it!!!!!! :cool:
The drivers side window on my old S started horribly squeaking just before i changed it but thats it, maybe that was a sign!!!
 

·
MINI Afficionado
Joined
·
51 Posts
My driver's side window just failed today. :/ It's my first mechanical failure, ~6600 miles. It's kind of a pain because the window doesn't "duck" when the door closes, so it doesn't seal. Is this something the dealer can fix easily, or is this a drop-off for the day problem?
 

·
Now answering to Lady J!
Joined
·
10,271 Posts
My windows on my 03 Cooper did something kind of weird awhile back. Came out to my car one morning to find both the driver and passenger windows had dropped about three inches. Only happened once though - was expecting it to happen again as had ehard there have been a few issues with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the car is in the garage as we speak-1 downer though is the Drivers side window started working again yesterday :mad: so it's gonna make me look stupid if they can't find a problem with it.
 

·
saving the world
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
wildchild jules said:
My windows on my 03 Cooper did something kind of weird awhile back. Came out to my car one morning to find both the driver and passenger windows had dropped about three inches. Only happened once though - was expecting it to happen again as had ehard there have been a few issues with them.
do you have comfort opening enabled? sounds like you may have sat on the key or something while inside the house? :)

interceptor said:
Well the car is in the garage as we speak-1 downer though is the Drivers side window started working again yesterday :mad: so it's gonna make me look stupid if they can't find a problem with it.
same thing happened to me - window didn't work for a week then started working the day before I took it to the dealer, but the dealer replaced the motor anyway and it hasn't failed since
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh right-Hopefully they will do the same-It is annoying as only the other week the Passenger side went!!!

Just hope it's nothing to do with the front windows having aftermarket Tints.
 

·
saving the world
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
interceptor said:
Just hope it's nothing to do with the front windows having aftermarket Tints.
hah if the dealer actually used that excuse, that would be one of the biggest cop outs ever!

For the record my car has tinted windows btw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got it sorted-This time it was the wiring loom on the driver side which I hope has been sorted now. See how it goes :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
my right side window stoped working the other day. have an appt. tomorrow to have it fixed. my brothers 3 has had the same thing fixed numerous times. i'm glad i don't have to pay for it, for now. i was wondering if the non-ducking window will harm the molding around the glass?
 

·
M5 Extraordinare!
Joined
·
6,796 Posts
Can I ask if any of you with faulty windows actually use the window to close your doors? As in put pressure on the glass instead of the metal part of the door to slam the door shut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it catching on the frame? When mine went it had already dropped slightly so opened and closed ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
i've never used the glass to shut the door. the glass is not catching the frame when it's stuck in the up position. there is very little clearance but i guess the had to think about that when they built it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
Thought I'd pick your brains as I finally have what may be my first MINI problem. When depressing my key fob (holding it down to open the windows and sunroof), only the sunroof opened. While the driver's side window opened using the toggle, the passenger side wouldn't budge after lots of attempts. The passenger side finally worked after a bit. The auto down worked in the end on both sides. Anyone have a similar problem? Just curious so I have a lead when I call the dealer in the morning.

Many Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ncdave said:
Thought I'd pick your brains as I finally have what may be my first MINI problem. When depressing my key fob (holding it down to open the windows and sunroof), only the sunroof opened. While the driver's side window opened using the toggle, the passenger side wouldn't budge after lots of attempts. The passenger side finally worked after a bit. The auto down worked in the end on both sides. Anyone have a similar problem? Just curious so I have a lead when I call the dealer in the morning.

Many Thanks!
Does the Passenger side not work with the Toggle switch? If it is intermittent this is how mine started first until finally would not work at all. My Passenger side window needed a new regulator and Motor but when my driver side went it was just a Faulty wiring harness which was causuing it to sometimes work and sometimes not to work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
Exactly! It was as though the toggle switch was dead for the passenger side. It's working well for now though but I need to get it sorted as Fall is here and motoring with the windows up is not an option!
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
11 Participants
minivern
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing
Top