MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

Wonder if anyone can help.

I bought a Mini Cooper Auto 54 Reg from MINI with a 12mth AUC warranty. 17,000 on clock.
Ive had it 7 weeks now and in this time:

They have had to replace the Gear Box which is still not right! , the coolant leaked and fumes were comming into the car, Ive now been told, its needs a Air - con service, the tail gate removed and bits replaced to stop excessive rattling.

Ive lost faith in the car, and think its a lemon and dont really want it.

Do I have any course of action on rejecting the car, as I am receving conflicting information, Obviously yes it is a 2nd hand car but you would expect some sort of peace of mind seeing it came from a main dealer?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

·
it's not easy bein' green
126 Posts
It sounds as if you have a case to reject the vehicle under the Sale of Goods Act as it doesn't appear from what you are saying as if it is either of merchantable quality or fit for purpose. What I would do is write to the Dealer Principal at the Mini dealership and the finance company if there is one involved in the purchase, outlining your reasons for rejecting the car, namely the excessive amount of faults and the inability of the garage to return the car to a satisfactory condition despite being give the opportunity to do so.

The reason for including the finance company is that they are jointly liable with the dealership for the merchantable quality of the goods and so have an interest in seeing that the matter is concluded to your satisfaction.

If you do decide to let the garage carry out any further work on the car make sure to let them know (in writing) that this is a final chance for them to rectify any and all faults with the vehicle and failure to do so will result in your rejecting the car for the reasons outlined above.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I kept pushing and pushing and now after a hard long fight.... I have a Mini Copper S Checkmate comming on Friday to replace my current Mini! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts