MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
COOPER S LOCAL
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed A Slight Problem Almost Like A Really Small Clicking Feel In My Steering On My Feb 04' Mcs. Contact My Dealer And They Told Me This Is A Known Proble Relating To A Batch Of Faulty Steering Wheel Bearings.
Thanks
Geoff

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
GeoffMM said:
Noticed A Slight Problem Almost Like A Really Small Clicking Feel In My Steering On My Feb 04' Mcs. Contact My Dealer And They Told Me This Is A Known Proble Relating To A Batch Of Faulty Steering Wheel Bearings.
Thanks
Geoff
This has been going on since 2001 !!!! :confused:

·
BlueMax
179 Posts
I also have this clicking on my Apr 04 MCS, thought this problem was solved long ago. Questions:
1 Do all MCS's suffer from this
2 Is it worthwile bothering to get it fixed

It is slightly irritating, especially because the steering feel is so good.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The last time I was at the shop my steering colum got replaced. That’s not what I was there for but they did it along with some other stuff I was planning on. They say it was making a clicking sound. I had heard it before but paid it no attention. It’s gone now.

·
BlueMax
179 Posts
Thanks bluesmini, I will have them look at it during a scheduled service. No sense in taking an extra trip to the dealer just for this. The problem should have been sorted out by now, it was there since I received my MCS.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I had the click on my 04 MCS, too. It was especially prevalant after the car was parked in the sun and heated up a bit. Told the dealer at scheduled maintainence and they changed out the steering column, no worries.

I have not seen a recall notice on this, but it must be semi-endemic. I wonder of the 2005s will have a scattering of the same problem?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Where's this clic to be heard/found? I hear all kinds of little clacks and such after the car is started and begins to warm.

·
We'll be back.........
162 Posts
Had the same click/notchy feeling with my Dec 04 MCS, also had the prob with the 02 Cooper.
Anyway, the cars been in today to have some sort of clip that has something to do with the airbag replaced.
Problem sorted no more clicks.
Car was only in 3hrs, had a 04 Cooper for a courtesy car , god did it feel lifeless and harsh, compared to the MCS.

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
loose steering

hi.

after a few thousand miles, my steering seems to be loose. it has give in it, feels like a bolt needs tightening.

has this been experienced by anybody else ?

2003 25k miles

·
Registered
947 Posts
My '04 MCS (9/2003 build) with 13K miles has had ZERO problems with the steering system. Tight as a drum!.

Our '02 Cooper CVT (August 2002 build) suffered from the "clunk" from the get go and it received a new revised upper and lower steering column assembly. That was over 1 year ago and 15K miles after the noise has not returned and it has been PERFECT.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've got exactly the same click on my MINI One... but it doesn't happen all the time so will be pointless taking it to the dealers, they'll only say they can't hear it.

I'm having trouble getting my a-pillar sorted, booked in again on Wednesday for the 5th time. I'm sure these people drive around with ear plugs in!!

Richard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.