MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

is there common problem on the new mini's that the electric windows does not automatically come up?

My Driver side window does not automatically go all the way up it goes all the way then goes back down half way??

when i 1st bought the car it didn't have this problem when i spoke to my mate works in mini said it is a common problem? has anyone had this problem?

·
Mini Mid-Life Crisis!
39 Posts
I had / have this problem on my passenger window.
Had a new software update which worked for a few weeks but now its back again! If I hold the window button up while the car is moving then at least it will stay up. If the car is at a standstill the window just rolls back down 2 inches. Strange.

Evidently BMW have a new update available to apply to fix this but I haven't had the time to get it applied.

Rob

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi RobW,
I had same fault it when back in july as there is a fix for the problem now, Mine as been fine since they did it.
Pete

·
Bounty Hunter
54 Posts
If it is just a SW issue, i would guess no more than 45 minutes for an ECU SW update and recoding..........

Your issue sounds like the common proble with a top reversal which is definitely fixed by the SW update....

·
Registered
640 Posts
Is this a 'German' thing? - happened to me with an 03 TT and very, very occasionally with my 55 SLK so it looks like I've got it to look forward to when my Dooper arrives - sigh!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Is this a 'German' thing? - happened to me with an 03 TT and very, very occasionally with my 55 SLK so it looks like I've got it to look forward to when my Dooper arrives - sigh!
...and guess what - it just has. Good job I spotted it and good job I had a reason to go back to the car. Parked outside house (on raod, not in drive - had to move wifes car). Came back to the Dooper after a few minutes and both windows were down approx 6 inches. I hadn't done it, 110% sure of that. Is it worth making a special visit to dealer?? Is there anything they will actually do?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the SW update only couple weeks back, and guess what? it's back to its old way. Back into the dealer (work =P) for a new footwell module (probs).

Yeah do make a visit!

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm gonna take a picture next time it does it and take it in then - OK, hardly proof but better than just say-so I guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts