MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i'm new to here. i'm planning to get a Cooper's(hopefully 05). and i just start doing some homework before i go pay the deposit. i think the price is very reasonable. my main concern right now is duration(i know warranty cover), what i mean is i'm planning to keep it for a long time like 10-15 yrs. i don't wanna get the car in the dealership and doing services and maintaince all the time until i broke.(i've bad experience with Bimmer, that's why although i like the New 330, but i won't buy it). especially the electronic component.

can u guys name out the Cooper S common problem, and special care. i'm not planning to do serious performance upgrade(just basic thing like intake, wires and exhaust) your help will be appreciate. thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
guys, i really some info for this. so i can decide go for it or not...........i wanna know problem about this car............

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
bighead411 said:
Hi everyone, i'm new to here. i'm planning to get a Cooper's(hopefully 05). and i just start doing some homework before i go pay the deposit. my main concern right now is duration(i know warranty cover), what i mean is i'm planning to keep it for a long time like 10-15 yrs. i don't wanna get the car in the dealership and doing services and maintaince all the time until i broke.
It's difficult to provide feedback on costs for long term ownership when MINIs have only been on the road for 3 years.

Please complete your profile to include country flag and location ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Complaints have mostly related to rattles and throttle quirks in my experience. Transmission issues look like they're settled. Nothing electrical that I know of. Rattles seem to have been solved for the most part. Drive and throttle seem to be coming under control with new software. I would expect the 05s to be fine. But don't expect a toyota :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx, i can accpet the rattling, even u going to get a MB or Chevy, it's gonna rattle anyways, just how bad that is!! as i said, my main concern is machincal and electronic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
bighead411
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing