MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i'm new to here. i'm planning to get a Cooper's(hopefully 05). and i just start doing some homework before i go pay the deposit. i think the price is very reasonable. my main concern right now is duration(i know warranty cover), what i mean is i'm planning to keep it for a long time like 10-15 yrs. i don't wanna get the car in the dealership and doing services and maintaince all the time until i broke.(i've bad experience with Bimmer, that's why although i like the New 330, but i won't buy it). especially the electronic component.

can u guys name out the Cooper S common problem, and special care. i'm not planning to do serious performance upgrade(just basic thing like intake, wires and exhaust) your help will be appreciate. thank you

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
bighead411 said:
Hi everyone, i'm new to here. i'm planning to get a Cooper's(hopefully 05). and i just start doing some homework before i go pay the deposit. my main concern right now is duration(i know warranty cover), what i mean is i'm planning to keep it for a long time like 10-15 yrs. i don't wanna get the car in the dealership and doing services and maintaince all the time until i broke.
It's difficult to provide feedback on costs for long term ownership when MINIs have only been on the road for 3 years.

Please complete your profile to include country flag and location ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Complaints have mostly related to rattles and throttle quirks in my experience. Transmission issues look like they're settled. Nothing electrical that I know of. Rattles seem to have been solved for the most part. Drive and throttle seem to be coming under control with new software. I would expect the 05s to be fine. But don't expect a toyota :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx, i can accpet the rattling, even u going to get a MB or Chevy, it's gonna rattle anyways, just how bad that is!! as i said, my main concern is machincal and electronic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts