MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on then how many of you acknoledge other mini drivers by either waving or flashing your headlights.???? especially Classic minis.??

I do for one.!!

·
MINI...Grrrreat!
132 Posts
I know I do, but my company car is a Renault Laguna and you want to wave or flash lights and have to stop yourself from looking a fool!

There are some miserable or daydreaming people out there, but oh well.

The funniest is when the older drivers who wave or flash lights, the over 60's shall I say, v. cool! :p

The strangest thing is the amount of MINI drivers in Northampton, there are a huge amount, but don't seem to be many of the MINI2.com site. I guess we need more brand awareness?! Does anybody plan to have more stickers made? :confused:

Regards

David

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
stickers are available from the site if you want them;)

I wave and flash everyone when I see them, most don't do anything, but I now have a few regular passers on the trip to work who have now started to wave back:D

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
i'm shy :rolleyes: i tend to wait for everyone else to wave first. I got my first wave from a classic on the way to castle combe race track on oct 9

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
I'm not shy of new minis but I am shy of classic ones, and tend to see if I can catch the driver's eye and smile and give a quick thumbs up.... which I did the other day. It made me smile, for a while.. :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
I usually don't initiate the waving, but always wave back if someone does it to me.

It's not just MINIs, of course. I've owned a number of British sports cars and lots of folks waved at me. It's a very nice feeling, some kind of friendship salutation or something.

At any rate, it's nice, which in today's hectic driving envoironment is a wonderful thing.

So, everyone keep waving!!! :D

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Rakey said:
stickers are available from the site if you want them;)

I wave and flash everyone when I see them, most don't do anything, but I now have a few regular passers on the trip to work who have now started to wave back:D
Where are stickers available from Rakey?? Point me in the right direction.
Oh and I do either wave or flash my headlights at fellow motorers.

·
MINI2 Irritant
951 Posts
used too

when mini was 1st born. But MINI is now as common as the Focus, so u would be waving and flashing all the time.

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
Brummie said:
Come on then how many of you acknoledge other mini drivers by either waving or flashing your headlights.???? especially Classic minis.??

I do for one.!!
I have had decent luck with waving/flashing and getting responses. There are two MINI's around that do not respond, so I have given up on them. But the closest MINI, geographically to me, and therefore the one I see the most, we are very enthusiastic towards each other every time we see spot each other. Yesterday he waved to me (I was two cars back of him) and then when I turned into my neighborhood he waved and I waved. Very cool feeling. Kind of hard to describe, really.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You must not forget Classic Mini's rule, as if it was not for the Classic mini then the Bmw Mini would not be around..!!!

Classic Mini Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!!

I think you get the message now, lol.!!! :)

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
Brummie said:
You must not forget Classic Mini's rule, as if it was not for the Classic mini then the Bmw Mini would not be around..!!!

Classic Mini Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!! Were not worthy.!!!!

I think you get the message now, lol.!!! :)
yup i agree, if only they were comfy safe and a bit bigger i'd still be driving one now :D .oh and don't forget the poor heater........

·
FLOWER POWERED!
856 Posts
I flash, wave and smile at all new minis and their owners :D
I gave up on the classic mini drivers I'm afraid because I received to many rude replies :(
Pity because I love the classic mini. If it wasn't for my young family I would still have one now.
Seen a few miserable new mini owners lately though. How can you be behind the wheel of a mini and miserable at the same time :rolleyes:

·
FLOWER POWERED!
856 Posts
shedend said:
ALWAYS wave :cool:, used to flash - but over that now :eek: :rolleyes:
Thank heavens for that, what a scary thought ;)

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
no not that :eek: used to flash but everyone just waved back - so now only ever wave (okay an occassional flash on the motorway). When its dulll weather though sometimes is difficult to see if other person is waving back or not :( also difficult when things are a bit blurry (or am i going to fast :confused: :D )

Occassionaly wave at classics - but not usually too many clapped out examples around - who just dont look as though they care what they drive/for their car :rolleyes:

·
Back to the Fold
919 Posts
EMZ said:
I flash, wave and smile at all new minis and their owners :D
I gave up on the classic mini drivers I'm afraid because I received to many rude replies :(
Pity because I love the classic mini. If it wasn't for my young family I would still have one now.
Seen a few miserable new mini owners lately though. How can you be behind the wheel of a mini and miserable at the same time :rolleyes:
because they aren't members of MINI Cornwall then they'd all be infected by our happiness :D :D :D

·
1xCooper & 2xClubmans...
155 Posts
I'm still quite a new owner so am initiating a lot of waving! :D I don't find that there's that many around that it gets too much of a problem though bobnobski... It brightens up the day, having a cheeky little wave between drivers! :p

Got my first wave from a classic the other day - and they waved first! :eek: I was shocked, to say the least! (I thought all classic Mini owners hated us new MINI drivers :confused: My brother - a classic Cooper owner - keeps threatening to key mine and nick the wheels... :rolleyes: Guess he's only jealous and wants my wheels for his MINI! ;) :) )

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.