MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Now with added spotlights
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My friends mini has developed a few problems and she wants to know what needs doing as her brother in law is a mechanic and will fix for her for free.

1. Passenger wont unlock on remote fob or from switch on centre console have to pull door handle once from inside to unlock.

2. Slight grinding noise when slowing down when in gear.

3. 50000 mile service is 5000 miles overdue :rolleyes: and wants to know what is done in this service.

4. It also overheats rapidly despite all fluids being nicely topped up. It will over heat on a 2 minute drive never exceeding 3000rpm!

Oh car is a 52 plate One

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
48 Posts
Warning Light on - (Engine symbol)

The warning light the at looks like an engine stayed on when I drove the car today. (2004 CooperS )

According to the hand book it indicates a "deterioration in exhaust emmissions values"

Anyone got any suggestions what the problem might be and how urgent it is to get looked at

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If this warning light is in red which is what you are saying, I would go and seek professional help, is the car still in warranty or tlc? If you drive the car it may cause further problems. your handbook should advise you not to drive with this light lit. are you a member of a breakdown service, you could ask the to check it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
PK5 - Thanks for the quick response

No the light is green as it normally is on start up - it just stayed on

The book just says get it checked ?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
sorry to sound thick just that I dont have a mini yet! you are ok then just have it looked at it may just need resetting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts