MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wul said:
Hey John!

Nah - i'm still hooked on Megs i'm afraid - invested in a porter cable too but not had a chance to use it yet but the signs look good! :) and like the ease of use with NXT Tech wax.

Found them on an ebay aution - they occasionally sell on there too - the show car kit was £99 plus postage which works out cheaper than viper-lifestyle if i remember rightly.

Well done also on choosing the best colour for your MCS - tis a pain to keep clean - but nothing looks nicer than a glossy black mini :D
Yea I really like the black,Ive given it a couple of coats of Zaino,i might try the Meguires ,do you think it would be OK to use the meguires over the top of the zaino ? Or should I wash off the Zaino first ( with dish washing up liquid).

Any tips on keeping the black looking good appreciated !

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wul said:
Don't know how megs would work over zaino - but i'd stick with the zaino till you get low as it's a lot of money!!

www.bettercarcare.com is a great place to start john - but as a minimum for a black car:

Buy a good deep pile lambswool wash mitt (megs = £9.99) as this draws dirt into the pile and prevents scratching - a sponge acts like a bit sandpaper if any dirt on the surface.

Wash wheels first then change the wash mix - this prevents water spots drying on the car if you wash the wheels last.

use two bucket method to wash car - one with wash mix one with clean water - dip mitt into clean water and rinse everytime prior to dipping in wash mix - this keeps your wash mix clean and grit free and helps reduce swirls.

never use your mitt to wash wheels, sills etc as this could cause swirls with ingrained dirt or brake dust which is also abrasive.

Dunno if zaino do one but get a bottle of quick detailer and a large MF drying towel. To dry the car i lay it on the car and gently drag it over the paint - a bit like a water blade - this gets rid of most of the water and put's little pressure in the clear coat - avoid nasty water blades!!

then a quick squirt of quick detailer on the the car and wiped off with a good fine MF cloth for that "just waxed look". :)

sounds like a lot but in reality all the above takes 30-45 mins to do!
Sound advice...I do what you say now (as well as "sheeting " the water over the car with the hose end off before drying ,I know you do this as well co Ive seen you recomend it before !.

Only difference for me is Ive gone down the white cotton towel route ,and use (clean dry ones to dry off the car ) this mainly cos Zaino recomend that method,might try the micro fibre towel.

Do you use anything on you'r wheels,Im getting some new 18 fitted soon so want to protect them and they look fiddly to clean ( need to get some sort of wheel wax and brushes) posted here earlier and looks like Asda do a wheel brush for £2 or others say just use an old tooth brush

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.