MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mentalist
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost time for my first dealer service and I finally got around to taking some pics. These are my first attempts at some decent shots of my car. First serious attempts to use a camera actually. :p I'm happy with the way the dusk shots turned out though. Check out my gallery for more. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
Great photos......looks a tad blue in some pictures...I love it!

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
COOL car and cool shots :D :cool:

Love that second shot - as 21blue said, it looks an eerie blue - love that lighting. Great stuff :)

Congrats :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice photos! Dusk is a great time to shoot cars. Looking forward to shooting my new MCS, if it ever comes.

Mark

·
Mentalist
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! The pic with the deep blue colour is my absolute fav. I was kind of shocked at how it turned out. The camera is a Mercury CyberPix E-450V 4 megapixel. I bought it on impulse from the FutureShop (Canada) website because it was CHEAP at $199 (Cdn)!

I spent a bit of time reading about taking night shots, especially at the NAM site where there is some great photography discussion. I used slow shutter speeds, 1 or 2 seonds, mostly 1, with no flash, ISO was mostly fixed at 100 I think. The first time I tried, I learned the hard way that you absolutely must use a tripod for longer exposures because otherwise the hands shake too much and you get blurry shots. So I bought a tripod for $39 at Best Buy. I used a 2 or 10-second timer so I wouldn't even be touching the camera when it snapped pics. I shot a lot of pics playing around with the settings and most turned out nice. I love the way the glow of the yellow streetlamps turned out - it looks a bit weird, almost fake, but that's what I like about it! My only problem with this camera is that it eats two AA batteries in about 10 minutes. I haven't tried NiMH rechargables yet so hopefully they will last longer. If they don't, I may consider other cameras (my credit card just shuddered but my MCS smiled).

I find the MINI is an awesome subject to shoot when learning how to use a camera because damn, it just looks good from any angle! :D It frees you up to concentrate on composition and lighting and whatnot. Ha ha look at me, pretending I know what I'm talking about when really my MCS should get all the credit. :rolleyes: :D

Anyway enjoy, and I hope to post some more soon, before the snow flies. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
mood mini

great shots. You did get great lighting, but the subject is awsome. Your mini is the same as the one I ordered. You definately have to get the rechargeable batteries. Any interior shots? with the sunsetting ?

·
Mentalist
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks berky...No interior shots yet, need to do a bit of cleaning and vacuuming first. :rolleyes: No sunset shots yet...the day I took these pics it was overcast. It is getting hard to get out of the office by dusk these days especially with the time change. Hopefully this weekend I will get some more shots.

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Excellent shots. All too often I forget to consider the background of the pictures of my MINI.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Get NiMH batteries . . . they last a lot longer. Look for the mAh number and get the highest one possible. I've got 2,000 mAh and 2,100 mAh batteries for my camera. It's a huge difference from standard AA batteries.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great photos and great looking car.

Here's a few pics of my one week old MCS after it's first wash earlier today.

After seeing your photos I'm looking forward to taking some more 'creative' shots when I get chance.

William.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nice one Canada

Revolver said:
It's almost time for my first dealer service and I finally got around to taking some pics. These are my first attempts at some decent shots of my car. First serious attempts to use a camera actually. :p I'm happy with the way the dusk shots turned out though. Check out my gallery for more. :D
Nice one Canada :p happy motoring ......Angus
http://community.webshots.com/album/190817102Zetqdc ;)

·
Mentalist
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice ride and nice pics William. Looking forward to more shots. :cool:

Angus, I can't open your link from work for some reason, will have to check it out when I go home tonight eh. ;)

·
Mentalist
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Phoa, ah just clocked yir blue MCS Angus...Barry! :cool:

Heh heh, I've been reading some Irvine Welsh, sorry... :rolleyes: :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts