MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up my new Cooper D this afternoon and am over the moon so much better than I could have wished.
However I have a question.
I got the top of the range bluetooth USB system as an option and as I am sure your all aware this allows me to plug my Ipod in. I have read on these forums that you require a special Y lead from MINI to make it work, I have tried using my white cable that came with the Ipod and I can get it to play however some of the track names are corrupted and when scrolling through the tracklists and albums etc using the dial on the radio it takes forever is this because I am using the white cable and buying the massively overpriced cable from MINI will solve my problems or does this problem occur with or without the Y lead. Hope this isnt too confusing.

Many thanks in advance

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
Get the Y cable - it makes it so much better! but go back to the dealer and ask for it for free, as you have spent umpteen thousand pounds on a mini when a car a third of the price has ipod compatibility out of the box.

NB i didn't have the pushiness to succeed in asking for it free unfortunately but it's worth a try

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses I went back to the dealer and he gave me the lead, I had recommended a friend to them who ordered a MINI last saturday so I used that for some leverage and he buckled.
It solved the problem and the Ipod now works great however just one other thing.
Now its all connected properly I can scroll through my album list etc it always starts the list at letter A so if I want to listen to an album by U2 for example I have to scroll through every artist (some 400 albums) to get there. Is there a way to super scroll through the list similar to how it is done on the Ipod itself where if you scroll for a second or so it jumps the alphabet letters really quickly. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks again

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
i wish there was too, so far have not heard of any solution, would be so much better if it behaved like the bluetooth contact list and you could scroll by letter...

·
Registered
889 Posts
turn the knob really quickly and it jumps through

At least it deos with my idrive style knob between the seats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts