MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
.
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After pestering various MINI2ers, I've finally finished installing my auxiliary gauges. Was kinda fiddly, but after a few afternoons of crawling under the dash and the bonnet, I managed to complete the task. Just thought I'd post a few images :)

I know they're not your high-tech brand/type, but I think they'll do an adequate job. Just gotta think of what to fill the last spot with :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help folks :)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
Being that I have Nav., the only added gages I can fit are down in the console like the ones you have. The only reason I haven't ordered them is that they come with the wrong gages. It's still hard for me to believe that a performance car like the MCS does not come with oil pressure and water temp gages. These are the two most important in my mind.
I haven't asked, but maybe they would substitute the ones that come with that pod with the ones I want. .... :rolleyes:


Good idea to add these gages!
:blblack:
 

·
.
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the positive comments :)

onasled said:
The only reason I haven't ordered them is that they come with the wrong gages...Good idea to add these gages!
:blblack:
Onasled - Yeah, I know what you mean about the OEM gauges, hence I purchased those which I thought would be more beneficial. I added these to monitor things after an Alta 15% pulley and AmD One Click. After seeing your post re: you engine mods, I'm now considering even more upgrades via Alta ;)


vagt6 said:
That looks fantastic. I love gauges, can't get enough of them. Have you considered a vacuum gauge? They're very useful for diagnostics. Also, what kind of gauges are those? Can't see the logo. VDO?
vagt6 - If you click on the first image, you'll notice that it is a vacuum/boost gauge. They are the Ultra Lite series from Autometer :)
 

·
.
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iain1970 said:
The gauges look great, but I've missed something... isn't that a speedo where my rev counter sits? Have you got satnav and no rev counter or have you just removed the rev counter?
No Satnav. As part of Australian design rules for motor vehicles, the speedo is the primary gauge that needs to be in closest proximity (line of sight) to the driver. Hence, our rev counter sits above the centre console (where the speedo from other countries normally reside) :)
 

·
Un-Banned
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
Look great Eddie, dont suppose you want to help me out when I get some new gauges?? :D :D :D
Very impressive kit there, is the gauges around the dash in a Mini-madness pod, that looks really smooth and neat. Also is your boost/Vac gauge Mechanical or electric.
 

·
.
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
enzothemaddog said:
Look great Eddie, dont suppose you want to help me out when I get some new gauges?? :D :D :D
Very impressive kit there, is the gauges around the dash in a Mini-madness pod, that looks really smooth and neat. Also is your boost/Vac gauge Mechanical or electric.
Thanks :)

No special Mini Pod, just old fashion Autometer cups standing on their own support. Cups cost $33 each and fit well on top of the small plastic plate which the speedo sits on. The two oil gauges are electric but the boost/vac are mechanical (much easier to install).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
Amigo said:
After pestering various MINI2ers, I've finally finished installing my auxiliary gauges. Was kinda fiddly, but after a few afternoons of crawling under the dash and the bonnet, I managed to complete the task. Just thought I'd post a few images :)

I know they're not your high-tech brand/type, but I think they'll do an adequate job. Just gotta think of what to fill the last spot with :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help folks :)
nice gauges :D matches with the speedo quiet well
any pics of it "glow in the dark" ? :p
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top