MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please pray for me that my funds will be released by the bank as they promised (now who works at HSBC?) so I can go and grab Greendevil's MCS...even if the money pops up at 4pm this arvo is good, at least I can still go and grab a bank cheque and pick the car up tomorrow :D :D :D

That is all. Thanks fellas :)

EDIT: Ha! No need to pray anymore as the prayer is answered. Yesterday I've driven off with Greendevil's MCS (of course with the paperwork ceremony) and Carl said his M3R is approx 4 working days away. Looks like I'll have a good weekend and he will have his next week :) it is a blast to drive except when I was carrying passengers, the back end seem to rub whenever I hit a rather big bump and it freaked the sh:)t out of everyone especially me.

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Good luck!!

I think ShermanM works for HSBC from memory!!

Todd

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Todd, certainly need the luck to get anything done in this time and age.

This is frustrating, I always thought I'll have a pretty good weekend this weekend but it might turn nasty :(

·
Gone Old School
745 Posts
Good luck mate

Hope it all goes well for you.... thats a ripper of a machine your buying there.
Well setup, maintained and driven car. Wish you all the best in getting it today/tommorow.

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
good luck - I know how you feel

I went to pick my car up and found out it hadn't been paid for and I had to go back home for 4 days :(

I hope everything goes OK!

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone :) let me apologise if you think I've turned this molehill into a Mt Everest but trust me, I wanted this car bad and I felt bad to stuff Carl/Greendevil around. First it was a client playing me up...so my plan changed and thought use my term deposit would be wiser than waiting for someone to pay up BUT how wrong was I. Argh.

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it's amusing, actually, stupid in some ways. If I keep the GTR I think it will become my coffin one day. Felt a bit safer in the MCS and in some ways, it's a much more rewarding drive.

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel of an R33 GT-R, and they really are a fantastic car - but not something you could drive to work every day.

The MCS is still quite rewarding, but much easier to deal with on a daily basis :)

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's too impractical, takes too much skills to really push the thing hard plus they're getting a bit too long in the teeth. Keeping them on the road will cost twice or three times as much as a MCS to travel the same amount of km's. It's stupid money.

Probably go back in one in the near future when I can really afford to keep one alive and well :)

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Great to hear you have your car!!

Now get out and enjoy it!!

Todd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts