MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after sitting in a Mini at the motor show two years ago and browsing this forum since then, I have finally been able to put my order in.
Now starts the wait (December delivery) - now how many times have we read a similar post!!
For those that are interested I've gone for PW/B with A/C, boost CD, bonnet stripes, MFSW and 16" X-Lite wheels.Also dealer fit spots and TLC of course. So thats NO CHILI, and also NO COOPER S badge. Now how many peeps have got that combination, I wonder - not many I,ll bet.

This is also my 102nd post, for what its worth.

Oh, and by the way, I haven't even sat in a Mini since the motor show 2 years ago !!

Cheers,
Texy

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I truly feel for both of you... good colo(u)r choices both of you, too!

Perhaps the wait will give you time to save / shop for mods. My "must have" list:

--cubby organizer (great for garage openers, cell phone charger cords, etc.)
--glove box thingy from GoMINIGo
--some kind of arm rest
--Whalen shift knob

Congrats!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I,m from Newbury and ended up ordering from Cooper Reading, which is close to you.
I enquired at Swindon, Bristol and Odiham, all of which could offer no better.
Delivery time was my no.1 priority, it was just luck that the nearest dealer also offered the (equally) best time.

Texy

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Hmmm, wish i knew there was so much difference between dealers. windsor seem very helpful. I suppose like the above person says, it gives me time to save! And frankly i need to! I can get my new wheels before i get car then

·
mini power
44 Posts
Bristol dealer has some nice mini's in the show room most of the time, had a good works cooper s in their with the works seats which i thought looked good but were way uncomfy.

Ordered my cooper s from near london, waited 4 months!! Had it two weeks on friday and already run in the 1000 miles and loving it.

I went for chilli, ugraded few things and tints, hope you enjoy your mini when you finally get it, will definately be worth the wait.....

Mini adventures too all.... :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AmRov said:
I truly feel for both of you... good colo(u)r choices both of you, too!

Perhaps the wait will give you time to save / shop for mods. My "must have" list:

--cubby organizer (great for garage openers, cell phone charger cords, etc.)
--glove box thingy from GoMINIGo
--some kind of arm rest
--Whalen shift knob

Congrats!
I think the facelift already comes with the cubby organiser, under the switch bank ?

Texy

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I can't - but everyone's been in the same boat, eh!
Well OK, maybe not everyone, but most of us :D

Cheers,
Texy

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mini123 said:
Bristol dealer has some nice mini's in the show room most of the time, had a good works cooper s in their with the works seats which i thought looked good but were way uncomfy.

Ordered my cooper s from near london, waited 4 months!! Had it two weeks on friday and already run in the 1000 miles and loving it.

I went for chilli, ugraded few things and tints, hope you enjoy your mini when you finally get it, will definately be worth the wait.....

Mini adventures too all.... :D
I never been there (Bristol), but exchanged a few emails when I was deciding on dealer.
I,m half way through a 3 month stint in the US, so emails were the best thing.
Funny though, I,m working in a place called Bristol (but in Conneticut).
Did you get the new mp3 compatable CD player?

Texy

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Texy said:
I think the facelift already comes with the cubby organiser, under the switch bank ?

Texy
hey, if this is the storage pack, i.e. glove box (i might be mislead here and on about something else) it isnt standard as i just had to pay for the glovebox!!! :)

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
Why so long a wait?, I ordered 3 weeks ago and I should get it early Oct, thats from Leicester.

I just hope they stick to it or I will have to kill them all!!! hehe

I just can't stand this clio anymore!!

Tom

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
I feel so much better now Texy, knowing that somebody else has been lingering and has finally got down to it!

Enjoy it when you get it

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I,m not talking about the glovebox. Aparently there is an extra small storage area in the CD/button bank area - small enough, and the right size for, sunglasses.

I,ve based my order completely on the on-line configurator, with the exception of the dealer options (TLC & front spots in my case). I can't even remeber seeing a glovebox option!!

Texy

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jammythart said:
Why so long a wait?, I ordered 3 weeks ago and I should get it early Oct, thats from Leicester.

I just hope they stick to it or I will have to kill them all!!! hehe

I just can't stand this clio anymore!!

Tom
Well I contacted 4 'local' dealers - this was equally the quickest I could get it.
There are others who have been quoted much longer lead times.

cheers,
Texy

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spoke to my dealer for an update.
Says the car should arrive at the pre-dealer place on 7th December, so should arrive at the dealers around 5 days later, however....

He also said that cars are arriving a bit earlier than expected - for example, cars that were due to arrive at the dealers on 7th October have already been delivered.

So I,m hoping that my car will arrive sometime in November!

Still 2 months of waiting, and its already seems like an age.

Texy

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
Just think of how good you will fell when it actually arrives (early or late!).

Good to hear that some are arriving early, mines due for delivery at the dealers 20th October, so the earlier the better! Might give them a ring.

Tom

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got off the phone to the dealer - car should be with me 6th or 7th December - only
just over 3 weeks to go!!!!

They also said that they haven't sold a pepper white for 7 months, so at least I
haven't got a 'common' colour!!

Texy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
7 Participants
Texy
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing