MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I finally ordered my Mini today! HOORAY!!! I went with the MCS since my hubby wanted it. I even have the production number !! CR/W !!!!!

I ended up ordering from Mike Kost at Classic Mini in Ohio. What a great experience it has been dealing with them so far. They are SO nice and helpful. Plus, they don't work on commission so they're not trying to hard-sell you. I highly recommend ordering from them.

Now comes the wait. I CAN'T STAND WAITING!!!!!

Mary

P.S. I'm really happy because I get a red dash and doors since I went with the MCS!!!!!

·
Proud New Owner!
93 Posts
Congrats! Classic MINI sounds like one of the better MINI dealership (in terms of ordering) in the nation. Even from my brief experience with them (alas, I did not order from them), they were fantastic.

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
Congrats Mary! Good to see you went with a MCS. ;) FABULOUS choice on getting the color coded dash.... It looks sooooo good, especially in red! :D

Are you flying out to Classic and then driving home or having it shipped?

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Congrats! ;)

And welcome to the family!

And the disease!!! :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ImaVunDerBrah said:
Congrats Mary! Good to see you went with a MCS. ;) FABULOUS choice on getting the color coded dash.... It looks sooooo good, especially in red! :D

Are you flying out to Classic and then driving home or having it shipped?
Hey Stef,

I'm so excited! I really didn't think about flying out there and driving back. I was going to have it shipped. Ohio is pretty far and I don't want to drive across country with my 2 1/2 year old in the back. He would hate it!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nemski said:
A disease with a name MOD, MINI Obsessive Disoder.

I think it is a disease. I kind of scare myself sometimes.

Cooper76, I feel like I'm actually part of the family now! I've just been a poser up until now. I'm going to be a Mini owner soon!!! Hooray!

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
I don't think I would try to drive cross country with a 2 1/2 year old either! Sounds like shipping is a much better plan ;) Some people like to fly out and drive home because the long drive knocks off a huuuge chunk of the break-in period in just a few days.

Just wait until the MINI is actually here and then you feel the need to start modding it... it never ends! :p :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
:red:

Hah, I also just ordered a new MCS with the same CR/W and body-color interior trim! At first I was thinking, "Geez, what am I doing?" since I really don't need a new car... but I just couldn't resist! Now, that thought lingers a bit, but it has been mostly crowded out by the thought of the first ride. I'm going to Germany during January and February of the new year, and the car ought to be ready (or very nearly so) by the time I get back. Freakin' sweet, I say!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kspace said:

Hah, I also just ordered a new MCS with the same CR/W and body-color interior trim! At first I was thinking, "Geez, what am I doing?" since I really don't need a new car... but I just couldn't resist! Now, that thought lingers a bit, but it has been mostly crowded out by the thought of the first ride. I'm going to Germany during January and February of the new year, and the car ought to be ready (or very nearly so) by the time I get back. Freakin' sweet, I say!
Before I ordered the car, I had been thinking the same thing - "what am I doing?". I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing. Since I ordered the car, all I can think is "I can't WAIT till it arrives"!!! Every time I think about getting my new Mini, a happy feeling just overcomes me! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
MaryFlute said:
Hey everyone,

I finally ordered my Mini today! HOORAY!!! I went with the MCS since my hubby wanted it. I even have the production number !! CR/W !!!!!

I ended up ordering from Mike Kost at Classic Mini in Ohio. What a great experience it has been dealing with them so far. They are SO nice and helpful. Plus, they don't work on commission so they're not trying to hard-sell you. I highly recommend ordering from them.

Now comes the wait. I CAN'T STAND WAITING!!!!!

Mary

P.S. I'm really happy because I get a red dash and doors since I went with the MCS!!!!!
Mary,
Congrats. Waiting is sometimes so hard. But it is fun to see the progress on the miniusa site, then checking on her progress waiting for her ship. She set sail on 12/5, and is suppose to be in GA on the 19th. Maybe to the dealer for me to pickup by the 23-4. Nice Christmas present.

keith
MCS CR/W

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kseckel99 said:
Mary,
Congrats. Waiting is sometimes so hard. But it is fun to see the progress on the miniusa site, then checking on her progress waiting for her ship. She set sail on 12/5, and is suppose to be in GA on the 19th. Maybe to the dealer for me to pickup by the 23-4. Nice Christmas present.

keith
MCS CR/W
Oh wow! GREAT Christmas present!!! Happy Motoring!!! Guess we know what you'll be doing during the Christmas break!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I told my wife about the discovery of our affliction....M.O.D.....and now every time I go to Mini2, NAM or Motoringfile....she comments on my condition!

CR/CR MCS to be produced 2nd week of Jan. '05...delivered in Feb. '05?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts