MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum but have spent a few months browsing about.
Im basically thinking about buying a new mini, either a one D or a cooper D. I currently own a 05 plate ford ka which I have had for five years now since passing my driving test and has done me well. But I'm now in a position where I can hopefully afford my dream car now that Im finished from uni.

Just wondering what kind of monthly payments am I looking at realistically with finance? I know this depends on which model I go for and what extras I add. Im not looking for something highly specced as Im not massively into all that Jazz. Probably looking at either pepper or chilli pack with visual boost radio, black alloys, spare tyre, chrome exterior, white indicator and thats about it for extras.

Im just interested in what monthly pricing to expect before I go to the dealers this weekend!

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Oh and i live in the UK!

Thanks! x

·
Registered
626 Posts
There are so many options with finance. I have just bought a new Roadster and the dealer was SOOOOOOOO keen to push me down the Personal Contact Plan route, so much so that they were pushing me to even have money back from the car I was trading in to just go for the minimum deposit.

You can flex the deposit and the term to suit and the MINI website has a tool where you can play around with the finance and compare deals, it is really good.

I am quite averse to finance, I like to know that I actually own my car so if i were to lose my job I didn't have to find £275 a month or whatever or give the car back.

In the end I went for a relatively small amount of finance over 3 years because the rate was so low, it made more sense to keep some money in my account earning more.

Everyone is different but what I would say is don't let yourself get bullied into something that you either don't want or are not comfortable with. Finance is a great way to get the car you want but remember, the dealer is making a fair bit of money on the finance deal so that is why they are keen for you to do it, it is not just all about making it work for you.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

·
Hey Hey
14 Posts
I would personally suggest that you start doing research on your financing BEFORE you go to the dealership because the pricing for the cars themselves are mostly published publicly so it'll be easy to see what the total damage looks like at the end of the day. You'll want to compare interest rates for the different types of loans and know what to expect. When you get to the dealership, you tell them your best price and best rate and if they can't beat it, get financed somewhere outside of their office. Good luck and Congratulations on your graduation!

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I think they would have graduated and probably paid off their finance by now!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
SeanC
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing