MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 393 Posts

·
wherever you go...
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated details:

Everyone will be meeting at Land Rover between 9:30 and 10am.
Land Rover is directly opposite MINI, on route 1 north. There is a lot more space there.

If you don't want to do the rally, then you will still meet at Land Rover, but around 12:30pm - there will be a shuttle service to take you over to MINI.

Cars returning from the rally will park at MINI if space is available, or will be directed back over to Land Rover after passing through the "finish" checkpoint.

If you are coming to this event you must send an email to Martin Hansberry, General Manager at MINI Of Peabody, so that he has a head count and can plan appropriate support for the attendees and all the cars!
You can email Martin via MHansberry @ MINIPeabody.com

The Road Rally will be similar to an SCCA Rally, with a course of approximately 2 hours. MoP will be providing a catered lunch and prizes for the Rally winners.

Here's a little more about the Rally format:

After gathering at Land Rover of Peabody, there will be a brief orientation meeting. At this point, each car gets a set of directions. A navigator is mandatory for this event. From the starting point, cars will leave at timed intervals (the interval will depend on the number of entries, but it will be something like 30-60 seconds).

In addition to telling you where to go, the directions will dictate things like average speed, and a few other goodies. The idea is that there's a perfect time to make the run, and the car closest to that time wins. There is a mid-point to the run for bathroom/refreshment breaks. The run ends somewhere at MoP.

The route includes lots of twisties, but remember, Steve, going too fast will surely mean losing. :D

[please "Sticky" this thread]

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
You can't have a first annual..what if everyone bakers it? Then it will never happen again, next year or ever.

Explain 'cause it sounds like fun...especially the prize part. :D

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
An opportunity to harass Keith about his yellow Audi that smells like gasoline!

Too bad, but I retract my initial enthusiasm. Looks like I have to Baker this one.:(

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
GBMINI said:
Josh, there was once a MINI Peabody rally in May where it was warm :)
I know, I've seen your pics, that's where I got the idea. :D And have wanted to every since! They just haven't had anything since I got my car. (And that's what I meant by finally)

However I've been known to grill in the winter...I don't think I have the space at my place to host something but maybe I'll just bring it up there and start servin' hot dogs on the MOP lot in a foot of snow. :D ;)

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
rfinprc said:
The route includes lots of twisties, but remember, Steve, going too fast will surely mean losing. :D
Why does everyone pick on me? I don't drive as fast as half of you out there! I'm the whipping boy of MINI runs!
BTW, here's a pic of my fantasy MINI.

·
Welcome back...
1,435 Posts
Cape Cod MINI said:
Why does everyone pick on me? I don't drive as fast as half of you out there! I'm the whipping boy of MINI runs!
BTW, here's a pic of my fantasy MINI.
Your not that bad, I mean if you take into account how fast we got from Bar Harbor to Newport for MOT '04, then we would all be in trouble.

Winslow
:eb:

·
QQJ's Social Secretary
9,458 Posts
LordWinslow said:
Your not that bad, I mean if you take into account how fast we got from Bar Harbor to Newport for MOT '04, then we would all be in trouble.

Winslow
:eb:
That, I can confirm. I think that's where I first (and last) hit the 100 mph mark!

I posted a link to this thread in the MINIUSA OL for a Boston Mini owner looking for something to do!

1 - 20 of 393 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.