MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While out driving today I picked up first chip. Stone flew up but luckily hit windscreen so chip is in the glass and not in the paintwork. Been expecting to get a chip or 2 before today but now glad its out the way. So not bad as nearly on 1000 miles.

Will get it fixed ASAP as on my last MINI I left a chip and one day while washing it, the chip turned into a full length top to bottom crack. Never used to believe those Autoglass radio adverts until it actually happened.

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to read that. :(

On my first MINI, I picked up a windscreen chip within the first three weeks. Got it repaired though so it wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ouch! Sorry to read that. :(

On my first MINI, I picked up a windscreen chip within the first three weeks. Got it repaired though so it wasn't too bad.
Its only taken 2 weeks for mine to get chipped, but these things happen. will get it sorted during this week.

Is this harder to repair with the heated windscreen?
No it sould not be harder to fix, as the elements are between the 2 parts of the screen, well thats what I was told by windscreen company who changed my previous heated screen on my R53, which took 3 attempts to change, 1st time the one they brought out was cracked (in a worse condition to the one they were replacing) the second was not heated / rain sensored so third time lucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts