MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Very cool! I agree with your sentiment about the GTI. I could be driving a 2002 GTI 1.8T right now, instead of my 1985 Audi 4000 Quattro, with the broken sunroof and the two position heating system (melt your face off and freeze to death) if I wanted to. I just want the Cooper S! The GTI is no longer the super hatch!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Great! You know exactly what I'm talking about! Old VW products are the best beaters there are! :D :D :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Re: beaters!

pbraun said:
Hey ! What about old Mini products? I once had an old 1071 S ,. ex- race car that had been rolled on a very high speed downhill turn, and looked it!.... great beater!...everyone kept well away from me!:D
Yeah, but the VW products are easy to find parts for. I once bent the rear axle in my Rabbit GTI, and got one from a Scirocco! I also survived 2 major accidents in Rabbit GTI's. Beaters, Beaters, Beaters!!! :D :cool: :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Re: Re: Re: beaters!

LMB said:

I had a VW golf for 11 years; had 220,000 miles on it when I sold it and is still going strong. The guy I sold it too works at my local garage. A tear comes to my eye everytime I see that car, love it.

LMB :D
Beaters, Beaters, Beaters!

VW products take a beating and keep on goin' Their Blessing of reliability is their curse. Alot of people can't justify getting rid of them because they still run, so they overlook the fact that the windows don't roll up and down! Wait a minute,..erm, too close to home.:D :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.