MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the mini car, jsut bought 09 Clubman S Auto trans 66k. I bought the car last Fri. We drove the **** out of it this weekend pretty much under many diff situations you can think of. 700+ miles from Cincy to Gatlinburg, mountains, lots of stop and go, low speeds prolonged hwy speeds. NO check lights or warning things in cluster at the steering wheel.
TODAY my wife says she was driving it, car was at driving temps, just got off the HWY. See went into a store for 30 minutes having LEFT the car running to charge her phone. YES YES, don't ask me why, that is another issue for us, ha ha ha
Well when she came out there was a warning in that cluster behind the steering wheel, it was a MOTOR EMBLEM that is half shaded, it was lighted in YELLOW. She drove it (arrrg) across the street and then turned the car off and turned it back on and it was gone and has not came back on since.
Did it sitting for 30 MIN cause the system to get confused or do I need to have the dealer look at it????

I tried to duplicate the issue and was unable too. Was this a random light that went off because the system misread a condition?????

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sounds like a limp-mode warning. If the light is off, the error code will still be stored in the ECU. You can get it read by the dealer or use your own OBD II scanner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Realize this is an old thread but my '09 Clubman's display issues a number of warning that had me reaching for my owner's manual. I'd ocassionally get "slick road conditions" warning when on what appeared dry pavement. Now I'm getting one for a parking light that seems to be flickering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts