MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else read the review of the new MINI on the fish4cars website? (One of our new sponsors, see banner advert).

Very odd, saying it doesn't handle as well as some other small cars, and that the engine is 'better than the old a-series'?! Well, errr, it should be!

:confused:

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
seems to me that it was written by a 'spanner-weilding obsessive' of the old mini...

Doesn't handle as well... give me the car, I'll show him how to drive a MINI!

Dom

·
Registered
121 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
Has anyone else read the review of the new MINI on the fish4cars website? (One of our new sponsors, see banner advert).

Very odd, saying it doesn't handle as well as some other small cars, and that the engine is 'better than the old a-series'?! Well, errr, it should be!

I can see where they are coming from, handling wise, for less money you can get a VTS, 106 GTi, a top spec Polo, a Ibiza etc etc etc...

As for the engine being better than the A series, thats like saying Marg is better than Butter, well its not really is it! ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Actually Paul, how did you come by your sponsorship, i fluffed about for a couple of nights trying to find a decent site for doing some add hosting on RealMini, but all i managed to set up was an Amazon Associates account, as everything else i looked at was mince! :(

;)

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Fish4 comments?!

BrianMini said:

I can see where they are coming from, handling wise, for less money you can get a VTS, 106 GTi, a top spec Polo, a Ibiza etc etc etc...

As for the engine being better than the A series, thats like saying Marg is better than Butter, well its not really is it! ;)
There's no way on this earth that that 106 or Saxo handle as well as the MINI (in my experience), cannot comment on the polo because I've driven one, same for the Ibiza... but most mags say the handling of the MINI is tops for a 'small' car, literally.

:)

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:

Dump their add off MINI2 :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts