MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have 03 mini cooper s and I would like to fit a chrono pack I have bought the parts second hand centre clocks,speedo and rev counter. Has anyone ever fitted these clocks before need some help or tips.

Thanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yes, you need to have the instrument packs coded to the car and then the bcu coded for +chronopack, can be done by dealer with correct coding kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
chrono package fitting

hi all the chrono package can be fitted to a mini without just done it!!!
not sure about mini's before 04/04 though after 04/04 the loom is the same up to 06
i spoke to 3 main dealers and they couldn't help me hadn't a clue but after a little hard work i found a guy who knew what to do the main unit has to be re programed don't just plug it in because it wont work and it wont be recognized by the bcu unit its quite complicated but if you need it doing its around 150 to re program like i say though not sure if you can put this package in mini's before o4/o4 get in touch and i will forward the guys details if this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, Snoopy, if I could get some details as my local mini dealer are saying it can't be done to my 2002 mini. However I have seen 2002 minis with it in. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi K3fus

thanks for reply, im not good with forums so dont know how to navigate this site, been asking the question on here for weeks now about getting chrono pack coded to an r53 mini cooper s, so many people have had it done but nobody wants to say who coded theirs and where i can get it done, ive resulted in getting software and can see the module that needs coding for extra accessories but havent got a clue how to do it, are all the people on here that have had their cars coded left this site? if i knew how to code with this software i would do every ones car for free, nevermind looks like i may have to ask elsewhere, many thanks again for replying thought i was on my own for a while. lol

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Pete, join a proper, active group that is exclusively focused on R53 Cooper Ss, 6,500 members and rising, just R53 owners, and post your question on there. The R53 Owners Club on Facebook. Very well admined so not the usual troll ridden FB mire you can get. No posts about how long their PHEV hybrid takes to charge or that their DiePhone won't talk to their car or that their R56 N14 engine has eaten its chain.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/154538898666141/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys, it is my first time when I am posting here.

recently I bought a 2004 R53 S mini pre facelift where I have fitted the Chrono Pack today. Tried to reset the spedometer and all the functions incl pump pressure and pump temperature seem to work just fine, only problem i have is with the ESP sensor stays lit on the dash and when I go in high RPM the tyre pressure sensor came up :) (someone told me the ESP and tyre pressure sensors are o the same circuit in my car connected to the ECU). Also my low fuel light stays lit so ...coding must be applied :) Anyone knows or has any knowledge of how the gauges should be coded? I am living in Romania and here nobody has any ideea... I do have the 2006 ECU on the car (same ECU from donor car with Chrono) also have someone who has all the right tools for coding the car but does not have the ideea what to code for the gauges to work...

i kind of have some old problems with the MAP sensor after 2nd gear going until 7000 rpm and moving in 3rd gear my ESP sensor lights up right after I reach more than 4500 rpm in 3rd gear. Car is tuned, map sensor has been changed and i cannot see any solution...

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
the last item is probably due to a 17% pulley if that's what you have? Get the car custom mapped, it can be tuned out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts