MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
looking at fitting a cooper s exhaust to my one, does anyone know how easy this is to do, or what needs to be changed to enable it to be fitted? Cheers Lewis

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
well id say it would be fairly easy to do, you would just need the lower bumper plastic off an S and also remove the black plastic cover or spare wheel on the underside of the car. The obviously you would need hangers for the passenger side etc

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
It can be done and has been done before.
Spare wheel thing will have to come off and hangers but that is really it.

If you really wanted dual centre exits you may as well go for something like a milltek cooper S system instead of a standard S exhaust.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i did it on sarahs old mini,it is fairly straight forward,you will need to order the new brackets as mentioned but only 3 out of the 4 will fit,the exhaust i fitted never had any issues and didn't wobble.can be done just use the search feature and decide if your feeling brave.
**tip**
if you get a standard mcs exhaust and the gt tuning re-route pipe it will make life a little easier

·
Registered
52 Posts
you could one ball the mcs exhaust first and flip it over and install it at the driver side - if you don't flip it, the "ball" will be on the passenger side right. If you flip it u can have it on ur driver side and u can use back the heat shield (but you need do some cutting).

Once done, find a bigger and nicer ehxuast tips than it will look perfect :D

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
**tip**
if you get a standard mcs exhaust and the gt tuning re-route pipe it will make life a little easier

I done it on my ONE, see pics in gallery. I would highly reccommend the above advice though. The standard S exhaust is extremely heavy and the only way to hold it in place is to drill the new holes for the brackets, we found that this ment drilling into the boot floor. Getting the Re-Route pipe will solve alot of fitting problems and also reduce the weight, once done as has been previously stated you can use your existing heat shield etc. It's fairly straight foward, but I wouldnt say easy ;)

btw it sounds fantastic, get a Bluefin and Induction Kit to add to the experience ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts