MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MINI2 Senior
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

after reading endless posts on how to fit a cooper s fuel cap to a cooper, i have seen that many people have found this very easy and have said that they did not remove the wheel or the plastic lining in the wheel arch to do this and instead carefully took off the plastic bits..any ideas>? can it be done?

also, does anyone have clear cut instructions on how to fit an S fuel cap (the ones in the diy section do not show up with pics)

thanks a bunch

·
:: 32mpg woo! ::
1,023 Posts
Its can definately be done as I did it on one of my previous MINI's.

I took the original outer fuel cap itself off first and then all I can remember doing was using a screwdriver to lever the various bits out.... I don't think it was the best way of doing it and I didn't have a clue what I was doing...but I never had any problems afterwards!:biggrin:

·
Staying shiny-side up!
123 Posts
Why are you concerned about having to remove the liner? It only takes a minute or two once the wheel is off and at least then you can get to everything properly, i.e the filler pipe and it's related bracketry. Only 4 scres need removing then the liner pops out. Then get inside the wheel well unscrew the filler pipe earthing wire from body and detach the filler pipe from the bracket (you'll see it). Do a search on this site for another post I put up related to S fillers. I don't have my shortcut to hand right now, but it was on this and there are some very good pictures explaining what to do.

I'd always go for removing stuff as opposed to forcing components more than necessary.

Good luck, it's a huge improvement over the standard cap!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
BlueZed
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing