MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? and if so how easy is it to do?

I've got the MCS Spoiler ready to go on and i know i have to undo the 2 bolts holding the spoiler on from inside of the boot, but whats holding the current spoiler on and whats the best way to get it off :confused:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
TomUK23 said:
Has anyone done this? and if so how easy is it to do?

I've got the MCS Spoiler ready to go on and i know i have to undo the 2 bolts holding the spoiler on from inside of the boot, but whats holding the current spoiler on and whats the best way to get it off :confused:
Tom - I did it the other way and put a second-hand MC spoiler on one that had no spoiler. The MC spoiler is held on with only 2 nuts nowadays ( Earlier ones had 3 ) - and it's bonded with some serious double-sided sealing strip. Should pull of slowly though.

Stew.

·
It IS a BMW!
59 Posts
Be careful though, the double sided stuff is seriously strong. We had to prise the spoiler off with various plastic tools. It came off after much protesting but the original spoiler was slightly damaged.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers guys :p i'll make sure i take extra care taking the old spoiler off. And i spose when it's off i'll have a cooper spoiler to shift :) not sure when yet though.

What have ppl sold there's for in the past? anyone got a clue?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
TomUK23 said:
cheers guys :p i'll make sure i take extra care taking the old spoiler off. And i spose when it's off i'll have a cooper spoiler to shift :) not sure when yet though.

What have ppl sold there's for in the past? anyone got a clue?
Paid £40 for mine off here.:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was lucky tbh, I wanted one and read another post about a guy who wanted a MCS Spoiler and someone had directed him to a bloke selling one due to the fitting of a body kit, So I e mail the guy and offered him the money and here I am with a spanking Cooper S Spoiler :D

Search the forums you never know who's selling what :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts