MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, ive had my mc for about a month now and ive had me eye on mini's own aero body kit as its very subtle but a very nice addition to sporting up the looks. looks like the kits gonna cost me around £945 painted to my body colour, but my local derby mini dealer want £1500 fitted for about two hours labour which is a little steep! :confused:
just wondering if anybody has attempted to fit the kit themselves and how easy it was to install, plus i was wondering how much other mini dealers in your area have charged for the kit and if theres any other links to where its a little cheaper.
Thanks for your time oh yeah is there many mini owners in the derby area that have meetings would love to join ya and bring me little treasure :indi: with me, cheers ben :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've been looking into the areo kit myself...though I think I'm starting to sway towards just getting the skirts only actually and I'm going to to do a separate post on this. However ..if it helps you out, during my research one call was to a BMW dealership in Notts. They quoted £999.99 fitted inc vat but went on to explain that the kit comes pre-painted (where the saving is made) look into it. That was for my 05MCS but it shouldn't make a difference should it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for that might try and play each dealer of against each other, would have thought derby would have gave me the best price though seeing is was them that i originally bought the car from, do you know anybody thats tried to fit the kit them selves. really tempted to give a stab. it would be like a mini adventure! :D

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
when i was gettin my aero kit a couple of months back i phoned the dealer where i bought the car and was quoted a little over £1350. phoned another local dealer who is actually a bit closer anyway (got 2 dealers within 5 miles from me) and they quoted £1150 so i'd phone around before you take the plunge.

as far as full kit or just skirts... FULL AERO KIT!!

and another thing, i thouht about fitting it myself but my main concern was that if something wasnt fitted correctly and fell off for example i would have no come back as it would be my fault. get the dealer to do it if you get a good enough price.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Fitted full aero kit myself. Its a bit daunting when you've never done if it before, and a little scary in places (you have to break the side sirts clips to get the side skirts off), but overall its not that difficult. I believe motoring file has the instructions, but I did it originally off of my own back, I've also dne it to a friends car since, and done parts of the process a few times (eg. just bumpers or just side skirts, for other peeps).

If you've done it before its about 2-3 hours work, if not then leave a whole day so you can go slow.

·
Yatta!!
8,313 Posts
Shabba said:
Hey, ive had my mc for about a month now and ive had me eye on mini's own aero body kit as its very subtle but a very nice addition to sporting up the looks. looks like the kits gonna cost me around £945 painted to my body colour, but my local derby mini dealer want £1500 fitted for about two hours labour which is a little steep! :confused:
Even if you have PDC that's the highest quote I've heard of :eek: - you should be able to get it done for hundreds less than that ;) :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at the moment i think im gonna play them of against each other, went on the official mini site and the kits £945 bought directly from them. i then rang up my mini derby dealer about labour costs who said that one hours labour is £85 inc vat. now looking back at the site it says two hours fitting, i know i aint good at maths but that dont add up to £1500? :confused:
if they dont wanna play it might be a do it yourself job, i fancy the challenge tho, and when its done and looks the business, ill be even prouder of me mini knowing that i did that, unless i make a mistake, dont think ill be very proud then! :D has anybodt else had any sucessful attempts at fitting the kit?
does anybody know any other siters where they sell the official aero kit sprayed to your mini's colour.
sorry another thing just wondering if anybody had any pictures of an indi blue cooper with white stripes and roof with spots and aero kit fitted, thanks everybody for replying. ben

·
Registered
588 Posts
ABG said:
Even if you have PDC that's the highest quote I've heard of :eek: - you should be able to get it done for hundreds less than that ;) :)
Tell me where and I'll ring them tomorrow anfd get them to do mine !

Ive had similar price.I want to buy the parts and have them delivered to my local body shop who are taking of the remainder of the black trim to colour code it and then reassemble with the aero kit in placa of the original MCS front and rear bumpers and grill.

If you know any palce selling them cheap please let me know !

·
Yatta!!
8,313 Posts
johnlondonw3 said:
Tell me where and I'll ring them tomorrow anfd get them to do mine !

Ive had similar price.I want to buy the parts and have them delivered to my local body shop who are taking of the remainder of the black trim to colour code it and then reassemble with the aero kit in placa of the original MCS front and rear bumpers and grill.

If you know any palce selling them cheap please let me know !

Not sure what info your looking for - £1500 fitted is shocking - post #2 has a dealer in Notts quoting £999 inc fitting, many other M2ers have paid between that and £1300 fitted. I don't recall ever seeing £1500 fitted other than in this thread.

If you are looking for parts only I can't comment - I don't recall seeing many threads on that subject. I've used Damon Hill MINI who have done some fair rates in the past :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill deffinatly give notts a bell for that price, if they match it bonus and ill let u know how it goes. really lookintg forward to it being fitted i think it makes some nice finishing touches to the way the mini looks with a more aggressive out look, yet subtle change not like some other more aggressive outrageous kits ive seen on the market, if anybodys got any pictures of an indi blue cooper with white stripes and spots and has had the areo kit fitted could you please add some pics, cheers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just to update rang nottinghams mini, and guess what gone and bought me self a bargain. the aero kit fitted inc vat was like post two kezman said £999 what a bargain, thanks for everbodys help. johnlondon, mate if theres any chance you can get to notts for the kit to be fitted you could save yourself £500. but i was told by nottingham mini that this is a limited time special offer on till christmas. nottinghams mini is a sytner garage so if theres a sytner near london they might do the same deal? so if anybody fancies getting the aero kit fitted for less that a grand notts is your place. ill post some pictures when its done! :p

·
Registered
588 Posts
Shabba said:
just to update rang nottinghams mini, and guess what gone and bought me self a bargain. the aero kit fitted inc vat was like post two kezman said £999 what a bargain, thanks for everbodys help. johnlondon, mate if theres any chance you can get to notts for the kit to be fitted you could save yourself £500. but i was told by nottingham mini that this is a limited time special offer on till christmas. nottinghams mini is a sytner garage so if theres a sytner near london they might do the same deal? so if anybody fancies getting the aero kit fitted for less that a grand notts is your place. ill post some pictures when its done! :p
can you let me have their phone number and Ill give em a call......cheers .

john

·
Registered
198 Posts
That seems very high for just installing it!! I got quoted $1400 CAD for it to be painted and installed. Your best bet would be to talk to other bodyshops in the area... thats what i did...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry its took me so long to get back me computers had a nasty virus thing. That price of £999 will do me fine, its guranteed, keeps my current gurantee in check and if anything goes wrong i can just dump it on the dealer and let them pay for it to be sorted out. if i fitted the kit my self or got an independant body shop to do it, dont think id have the same piece of mind, especially if all im saving is a hundred squid or so. think the only down side of the dealer fitting it is the two week wait ive got, before theyve got space to fit it in! Doh! any body got any pictures of an indy blue mini with body stripes, spots and aero kit to wet me appetite, while i wait two weeks for mine to be done, thanks! ben

1 - 16 of 16 Posts