MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone done it themselves, is it easy(ish)?
been quoted £250 by a local company to do it, seen the stripes for sale for £20-30 so wondering if its something i can do myself and if so - any advice?
the wheeler dealer guys suggest some soapy water on the bonnet first, put them on, slide them round into place then use the squeegy thing to push out the water. sounds simple!

· Registered
13,577 Posts
ha ha sounds simples, back in the world where you get one chance to make it look right as once stuck on the panel its there or the bin as such, in my signature they also do wrapping and window tints etc really are fair on the prices might be able to cut some stripes to match the bonnet i would think only use good wrap as well as most people use rubbish thin stuff that burns off in hot sun light on after market stuff, give them a call ask to speak to lisa shes really nice helpful friendly etc and wont rip anyone off, its all part of black magic performance ltd was down there couple of days a go and they were wrapping a smart car in to little tykes play peddle car link below ie those yellow and red ones lol

· Registered
5 Posts
I've just done stickers on the bottom of my doors. Went ok apart from the air bubbles! I'm going to try again but take a bit more time with smoothing the vinyl down as I apply.
I want to do bonnet stripes too, preferably 2 up the centre. Apart from the bubbles (which may be even more difficult to avoid on the curved surface) I'm not sure how I'm going to tackle the badge. I may remove it and re-apply after.
There are a few guides on YouTube. I tried the dry method last time, but there is a wet method I may try next time.
I'd say it's definitely worth having a go yourself rather than paying £250!

· Registered
1,302 Posts
ha ha sounds simples, back in the world where you get one chance to make it look right as once stuck on the panel its there or the bin as such, in my signature they also do wrapping and window tints etc really are fair on the prices might be able to cut some stripes to match the bonnet i would think only use good wrap as well as most people use rubbish thin stuff that burns off in hot sun light on after market stuff, give them a call ask to speak to lisa shes really nice helpful friendly etc and wont rip anyone off, its all part of black magic performance ltd was down there couple of days a go and they were wrapping a smart car in to little tykes play peddle car link below ie those yellow and red ones lol
Nice new motor mike1967 (y).

· Registered
13,577 Posts
Nice new motor mike1967 (y).
they also do window tints, can also cut wrap vinyls to fit etc ie can do stripes in nearly any colour and out of thicker better quality wrap etc, deffo worth a call for a price etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.