MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i have some bonnet stripes that i want fitting

basically i tried to fit some a few weeks back, but buggered them up and they have a crease in them and it messed up at the bottom

so i thought i would see how much it would be to get them fitting ? i know its not a BIG job, but just want them done properly and i just cant do it :(

how much does it cost to get them fitted ? approx ?

and what sort of places would fit them ? (am guessing BMW would, but how much?)

Thanks for any help

J

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi.. had my stripes made and fitted by local sign company,
done brilliant job amd only 50 pound.
think bmw bout 100.

just bought really nice mcs and thinkin of somethin different with stripes.... :hmph:
will post pics wen done.:smile:
:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jeez didnt think it would be that much

will have a look for some sign companies around me

i just dont know what to search for on google lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
£40 is getting better

but would cost triple that in petrol to get to you

i am from the north west area

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mate this should be easy to do yourself as long as your patient and take your time.

Make sure your mark out exactly where you want them by sticking some masking tape onto the bonnet along side the line of the stripe.

Get a spray bottle with some washing up liquid in, spray the bonnet and the adhesive part of the stripes before laying them into position. The liquid will allow you to move the stripes into position without them sticking. Always spray more if you need it to keep them lubricated.

Then using something flat (preferably something rubber so not to damage the stripes or a signwriters sqeegie) squeeze out the liquid from the centres to the edges, this will 'stick' the stripes to your bonnet. TAKE YOUR TIME and always squeeze from the centre line to the edge, not down the stripe or it'll crease!

Took me a couple of hours to get this right but mine look pretty decent now!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
jd - don't use washing up liquid as the chemicals it contains will not be good for the vinyl or the adhesive.

Just use warm water.

Phil
;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts