MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ding Dang Do !
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of fitting a set of four fog lights to my mcs, has anyone done this or has instructions on how to do it ? Also is it a difficult job to do, what exactly does it involve ?

Thanks

·
Play On!
1,023 Posts
I installed the Moss MINI light bar with two lamps and cloisonne badge. It's designed for the Cooper but I managed to fit them okay on my S. I've had them on for over a year without any problems. I should update my sig so they show!

The attached photo was taken at New Hampshire International Speedway, Loudon NH USA earlier this summer.

Play On!

Pete Basiliere
2002 R/W MCS with Alta pulley, BMP air filter; Borla exhaust; side stripes and rally lights

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm getting ready to instal multiple lights soon. Where did you tap into the electrical system to run 4 lights? Are you hooked into the engine compartment fuse box like the factory system? Did you come directly from the main circuit, or did you draw from an unused fused line? I'm assuming that there is plenty of spare power around the car. I do not have heated seats, so there must be some reserve there.

·
Mr 120d Sport
4,610 Posts
DCM said:
I am thinking of fitting a set of four fog lights to my mcs, has anyone done this or has instructions on how to do it ? Also is it a difficult job to do, what exactly does it involve ?

Thanks

Firstly,

They are driving lights NOT foglights. In the UK, these lights are only activated when you activate main beam.

As they are mounted above the bumper, they are not suitable for use in fog / mist.

BMW do not approve fitment of more than two driving lights, as it can compromise the airflow to the radiator. They will not warrant any failures attributable to this.

Fitting is relatively easy, it took me 3 hrs to do mine, then to make them work you will need the dealer to program the BC1 (Body Control Unit) to make the lights come on with main beam. You should shop around for this, as prices vary between £30 and £100 for what is a 5 minute job.

I have an OEM pdf document that outlines the fitting instructions.

For the US the lights are switched through a separate switch, which you have to activate yourself.....ie the lights don't come on automatically when you select main beam!.

Hope this helps....

Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Wobert
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing