MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Wanted to know if there are any instructions anywhere regarding how to fit the JCW hand brake to an R53?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris.

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's any help.....i was a reluctant to use the adhesive on my handbrake. After speaking with Mike and NewMiniStuff...he advised that after removing the hand brake grip, place some tape around the gear lever to thicken it up. When you push the JCW hand brake grip on it then holds really well.

Hope that helps anyone.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
If it's any help.....i was a reluctant to use the adhesive on my handbrake. After speaking with Mike and NewMiniStuff...he advised that after removing the hand brake grip, place some tape around the gear lever to thicken it up. When you push the JCW hand brake grip on it then holds really well.

Hope that helps anyone.
Gear lever:confused: Your sticking a hand brake grip on your gear lever:confused: Now thats a different mod. Pics please:p:p;)

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doh!!!:hmph:

Sorry all.....i meant hand brake.

Thanks for the help, Mikey. Worked a treat with the tape.:D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi, I have just bought JCW Handbrake. And after dismanteling old hanbrake I canot seem to fit over the black plastic sleeve. The JCW doesn`t come apart to fit over this sleeve?

Does the sleeve have to stay off and tape over the metal part of the Handbrake instead? to fit JCW one. Or is it possible to undo the JCW Handbrake as you do with OEM one?

Much appreciated for any replies :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts