MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a question for those who have installed JCW seats

did anyone use longer bolts to secure the JCW seat frame to the original runners? total of 8 bolts per seat I think, did your JCW seats come with new bolts for this fixing?

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Pobsey said:
my mistake,
the longer bolts are M8 x14mm x2
M6 x10mm x6

the two longer bolts are for the seat belt bracket, the other 6 are for the other 3 fixing points
What he said....I found this out by trial and error as started to use the original bolts, luckily the trial and error wasn't on my car. When I fitted mine it took me half the time.

Well worth the group buy!

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
It was the same colour (blue) as I recall. The longer bolts are obviousy longer and I think they had a slighly differant head on them.

Now there are 8 bolts (4 for each seat) that attach the rails to the car. There are 16 bolts (8 for each seat) to fix the sparco seating bracket to the rails, and 8 bolts (4 for each seat) to fix the sparco seating bracet to the seat.

Its the 16 that you are on about right (8 per seat). You should have 12 normal size bolts and 4 slightly longer bolts ( 6 and 2 for each seat respectively). All the other bolts except for these 4 are identical to the ones used for holding your original seats in place. These 4 are used to attach the extra seat bet bracket to the sparco seat bracket that attachs to the rails. Bolts D on the attched fitting guide.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.