MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that I've seen a thread somewhere on this but am unable to find it.

But is it possible to fit the R56 JCW Brake set straight onto a R53 with minimal mods?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
When you say R56 JCW, do you mean the R56 upgrade pack or the Factory JCW brakes?

Both are possible, the factory one requires mods, the upgrade pack requires none.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
A link would be appreciated as I couldn't find it ;)
Do you want me to come and fit them for you too?:rolleyes:

Just a read down the JCW forum gives me this thread about fitting the JCW upgrade pack

http://www.mini2.com/forum/john-cooper-works-gp/157118-gp-r56-john-cooper-works-sports-brakes.html

Then a read down this brake forum shows me this thread

http://www.mini2.com/forum/wheels-tyres-brakes/160329-john-cooper-works-twin-pot-16-brakes.html

No need to even use the search feature, just now need to read those and take in the information you need, sorry not got time to highlight that for you right now;):p

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you want me to come and fit them for you too?:rolleyes:

No need to even use the search feature, just now need to read those and take in the information you need, sorry not got time to highlight that for you right now;):p
Thanks for the links - The second one contained the info I was after.

Why the sarcasm though? :puzzled:

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Both ThinkMini and modnMini offer this R56 JCW upgrade to the R53. I believe Think have done at least one, maybe more of these.... i also read somewhere about Modnmini doing it. Think is in Worcestershire just 10 mins off the M5 j5 or 6, and modnmini is in kent.

Give either a call or email and have a word about what they can do.

www.thinkmini.co.uk

·
An-ingin-in-an-ah
61 Posts
I have the JCW 4 pots fitted to my R53 MCS & the work was carried out by ThinkMini.

They are top guys and really know what they are doing.

I know they have also fitted to an R50 D.

royster

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Asking Rakey why the sarcasm is like asking clarkson why the hair.... Its because they are both synical old codgers ;) :p

>>>>>>>>>> Runs to hide from Rakey LOL

..... Seriously though, he was just pulling your leg, Rakey has been about a long time and after a bit you get jaded when people don't use the search function on the forum to narrow thier field of research a bit for themselves.

Reactions: Rakey

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fair enough - My original search criteria must have been too loose.

Note to self: Make full use of the search criteria otherwise incur the wrath of Rakey :wink:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Fair enough - My original search criteria must have been too loose.

Note to self: Make full use of the search criteria otherwise incur the wrath of Rakey :wink:
TBH the search function isn't all that easy to use, you'll always get loads of stuff that doesn't mean jack and then you have to wait 30 secs to use it again so I tend to not use it myself anymore;)

But a scan down the right forum will usually give up the threads you need if its a common or popular discussion point;)

And yes Rich is right, I'm just a grumpy ****er, but you'll find a fun smiley to indicate its in jest most of the time:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts