MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm about to have some Cooperflags Racing stripes fitted onto my MCS... and I've been torn between having them "cut around" the scoop surround (like this) ...

or whether to have them go "into" the scoop (like this)

anyone got them "in" the scoop? is there any problem with the stripe getting overheated and coming loose?

I've only seen these options in photos - anyone seen them in real life and have a preference???

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
I wouldn't worry about 'overheating', the scoop doesn't get overly hot, it being made out of plastic. Actually, the bonnet probably gets hotter, when parked out in the sun.

Choose whichever you prefer the look of - I think this picture looks pretty good, but would probably look just as good with the stipes not going in the scoop. At the end of the day, which do you prefer?

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not out to make a feature of the scoop to be honest so I would prefer to have them in the scoop. But on the other hand I didn't want it to look wrong when it goes over the "joins" of the scoop.
Sometimes things look different in real life to photos so hence my question...

I just want my baby to look right :)

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
feverdiva21 said:
I'm not out to make a feature of the scoop to be honest so I would prefer to have them in the scoop. But on the other hand I didn't want it to look wrong when it goes over the "joins" of the scoop.
Sometimes things look different in real life to photos so hence my question...

I just want my baby to look right :)

Why not get them fitted into the scoop, live with it a day or so, see if you like it, if you don't, rip them off.....?

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reassurances guys - the stripes were fitted today (into the scoop) and they are looking fandabbydozy! I'll try and get some piccies into my gallery as soon as its daylight!!!

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Paul
I had mine fitted by Top Notch Signs and Graphics in Gosport... 023 9252 0333. He also did the stripe fitting for I Love Mini, Laura - and I can 100% recommend him. He did a great job!

What sort of stripes are you after??? - depending on what stripes you want you might be able to get him to supply as well as fit which simplifies the whole thing.... (and would probably make it cheaper) if you give them a call ask for Simon and mention that you saw the piccies of my car on the MINI2 forum...

If you need any other info just let me know I'd be happy to help if I can

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Hey Feverdiva, the pics look great..... I have been looking at the this stripe for a couple of weeks now.... really like it on your car...... :D

Looks like its back to the drawing board for something different :rolleyes:

Well done tho.... it looks terrific :D :D :D

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gee Wibbly - the Purple Princess says thanks for the compliment - she's loving the attention :)

Its changed the whole character of the car and I love it - and glad you like it too!!

Do keep us posted with your choices... I'm now planning my roof graphics and/or possibly something on the sides... bit like tattoos (i assume!) once you get started its difficult to know when to stop!!! :) :)

PS surely you can still have the Racing Stripes if you like them??

·
Geordie Lurker
13 Posts
feverdiva21 said:
Gee Wibbly - the Purple Princess says thanks for the compliment - she's loving the attention :)

Its changed the whole character of the car and I love it - and glad you like it too!!

Do keep us posted with your choices... I'm now planning my roof graphics and/or possibly something on the sides... bit like tattoos (i assume!) once you get started its difficult to know when to stop!!! :) :)

Hi feverdiva21, you're stripes look great. I've been pondering over whether to get the racing stripes for a while now. How much did it cost in total to get them from Cooperflags and have them shipped to the UK and how much to get them fitted?

Cheers,
Lee

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
feverdiva21 said:
Oh yeah that won't put me off just fancy something a little different and as soon as I see someone else's the same as I look at in the UK, I just start thinking hhhmmmm, time to look elsewhere ;) :p

Doesn't stop me admiring what you had done, and you made the right choice going into the scoop ;) :D

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Tuigamala said:
Hi feverdiva21, you're stripes look great. I've been pondering over whether to get the racing stripes for a while now. How much did it cost in total to get them from Cooperflags and have them shipped to the UK and how much to get them fitted?

Cheers,
Lee
Hi Lee I've just looked on Cooperflags and it looks like they have reduced their prices since I bought mine :mad: looks like about $80-90 dollars for boot &bonnet including shipping... - I've sent you a PM with some other details ;)

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
scooby212 said:
hey wibbers why dont you go for the GT40 look similar to the viper but closer together
think it would look awesome matey ;)
I have a scary feeling that may be reincarnated on the new Fiesta RST :eek:

Nuff said :(

·
Geordie Lurker
13 Posts
feverdiva21 said:
Hi Lee I've just looked on Cooperflags and it looks like they have reduced their prices since I bought mine :mad: looks like about $80-90 dollars for boot &bonnet including shipping... - I've sent you a PM with some other details ;)
Cheers. Got some new wheels coming on Friday and I think stripes will be next on my shopping list. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.