MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv just fitted S sideskirts using the DIY guide from here, it was very helpful indeed... BUT you dont need to break any clips... theyr all re-useable.

So, if anyone needs any help/pictures to show u how to do this please PM me or if possible I would happily add it to the DIY guide?

Cheers,
Bryce.

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
it is extremely hard not to break any of the clips! but i managed to save them all apart from 1! a few of them snapped but they were still reusable as only a little bit of plastic came off! the clips can be bought at any good motorist place, but they arnt that expensive at bmw anyway! removal of old skirts and fitting the s ones took about half an hour! it is quite a straight forward job. but some can cars be tricky to remove them because of the way the clips have clipped in! some have clipped in better than others!

good luck with the fitting!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its impossible not to break the clips that are on the inside of the skirt, but if uv bought new skirts this wont matter, as it comes with these ones on the inside of it.

The clips I am talking about are the ones which are situated under the scratch plate that you see when you open (four either side). Just simply give these a 1/4 turn using yuour finger tips then they should just pull straight out. Then when putting them in on the new skirts just pop them back in.

If you have 2nd hand skirts the chances are the big clips on the inside are broken, otherwise you dont need any new clips.

Bryce.

Paul - If you want pictures of these clips when they are half out, PM me. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts