MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a viper decal full set for car , boot, bonnet etc

decided not to tackle this myself but get local bodyshop to do it, took them in to get a rough price etc and he quoted a probable 3hr job at £30 an hour.

So I thought okay , now it looks like double this time :aargh: and he said its a nightmare

Is this usual and not a rip off,?

Not sure of bill total yet but got me worried as its supposed to be around 12.30 to collect and now after i phoned he is saying it will probably be ready at 3 pm ish..:confused:
Will this now be doubled....:frown:

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
if u got a written quotation (not estimate) it should stay the same price, but if you got an estimate or verbal estimate i would say it is going to cost more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it cost me £105 which was original quote... ;)

Trouble now Im not sure if I like them on..:frown:

I am going to a Mini funday to raise funds for a hospice on Sunday so i will make my mind up after this..removing I guess won't be easy but thinking of doing it myself, any tips..:confused:

Here is a pic taken today , glare is from inside window..:aargh:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any customisation that you do should make you grin like an idiot whenever you see it... at least that approach works for me!

It took me about 6 weeks to really decide what pattern I wanted to do, and once my local shop did the fitment, I was very happy. It sounds to me that you are having second thoughts; I'd leave them on for about 3-4 weeks and decide then. Some of the comments you get might help you sort out what to do in then end.

For me, I think the colour combo is very fetching :)
Good luck with your decision!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts