MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cooper Baker Street, Rooftop Grey Metallic, Black Roof, Bonnet Stripes & Wheels.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battery went flat on my Mini Cooper Gen2 during lockdown so had to trickle charge it again overnight. The battery now seems fine, but now there's strange things going on with the CD/Radio.

On/Off Volume - Only adjusts the volume. Will not turn off while driving!
Mode button - Unresponsive.
Menu button - Unresponsive.

Not quite sure what's going on or how to fix it. Should I disconnect and re-connect the battery? or simply do the same with the CD/Radio fuses?

Any help with this would be great! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
1,018 Posts
I would put a scan tool on it. It's not a like anything I have heard of. If it is in the process of resetting something it could be reset by disconnecting the battery. With a flat battery brought back to life and not needing extra help anymore. I would just watch to see how things play out.
Obviously The failure of the on off button is more than likely keeping the mode and menu buttons from working. Who knows; What type of parasitical electricity loss that is creating.
The rheostat may need to be replaced. All depends on the usage I guess. I have always used the steering wheel volume and play my own CD's as I do not have sirius xm or anything and live a clip from any major town.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts