MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done the search....

Noticed quite a few times that the headlights on my '03 flicker occasionally while I'm both stood in a jam or driving around at night. In some instances it's almost as if they're about to shut off altogether. I thought it was my imagination at first, but it did it distinctly tonight while I was sat at some traffic lights, and I think the revs dropped momentarily too. Feet off the pedals, car up to temperature.

Before I nag the dealer, has anyone else experienced this :confused:

JoN

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
2013 R55 Bond Street
1,072 Posts
Couple of reasons for this, the main one is that the electric load placed on the car at low revs causes the lights to momentarily dip then recover. The load is probably from the power steering.

Have a natter to the dealer to put your mind at rest. On the early MINI One's the alternator was smaller than the Coopers for some reason, I dont know if that still holds true.

·
Registered
197 Posts
so it isnt just my eyes then!!

iv noticed this many times with my ONE, thought it was my eyes but they lights do actually flicker.

And its not just at ow revs, iv seen when im flat about, 100mph or so at 4000rpm and the lights sktill flicker - so its not like it aint getting enough power!

Hmmm, help anyone?

·
Registered
197 Posts
My ONE is booked in to the dealers on monday about this, they didnt let on they knew anything about ONE lights flickering at the time so I'll see what they come back with on monday and post it here.

Bryce

·
Registered
197 Posts
Car is just back from the dealers about this problem.

They said there was a corroded wire, so they replaced it.

I am unsure whether this has solved the problem or not yet because I havent been out in the dark.

Will report later.

Bryce.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts