MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering..my MCS is on order and I am thinking wheels. The R91s are the lightest from Mini that I know of for 17", but don't come stock. I am considering wheels similar to the R90s that weigh significantly less. They are the BBS RGRs and Flik Wasps. The Fliks cost about $110 per wheel to the RGRs $429 per wheel. Incredible difference. Does anyone know of the quality of the Fliks and/or have any opinions on which way to go?

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the wasps, and like them a lot. Check my gallery for pics. They arent going to be as light as the BBS, but they arent bad by any means.

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
I believe the BBS wheels are forged, compared to pressure cast like most alloys.
Forging gives very high strength, usually much lighter weight than casting. (although BBS forged wheels are not as light as other forged models such as SSR or Centerline)
The BBS should be higher quality for the price you pay, forging is very expensive.
The Fliks are quite light in the 17" sizes though, and the cost differential as you say is huge.
Can't comment on the Flik's quality, no experience there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I learned from Bob Smith Mini this evening that they charge $225 per wheel for the R91s.

I always like to go quality as it always seems to last longer, but the price difference is quite large.

Well, I have some time to decide as my MCS won't be here until late Feb. or early March of '05!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also have the wasps. I like them a lot. Lighter than stock, nice finish, and has a little bit of a dish. There are also two quality symbols cast into them, so they aren't completely generic. Plus, for $104.00 each I can curb them, bend them or just get a different set of wheels. I took a chance with them and am happy.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the WASPS as well ...
all that needs to be said is that I live in the pothole capital of the world ... NYC ... and so far they took some giant hits with no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts