MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Mini mag says flip flop Will a BMW optional extra.Anyone any more imfo.Will it only be for new cars?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You have to order your car in black, then the car is painted to your flip flop preference on it's arrival at your dealer. IIRC, it's about £3,000. :eek:

·
Registered
440 Posts
StevePSB said:
You have to order your car in black, then the car is painted to your flip flop preference on it's arrival at your dealer. IIRC, it's about £3,000. :eek:
I was quoted £3500 when I ordered my MCC. Needless to say I opted for a 'normal' colour! I think the flip colours look a bit pants actually.... something a bit tacky about them.

·
Pain In The ...
2,715 Posts
Ive seen small colour samples of the paint, there nice, but very expensive, as steve said, althought its a BMW optional extra its not painted in the factory, they order your car in solid black, and then a BMW approved bodyshop totally strips your car down and adds the flip paint. Its very expensive because the paint its self from BMW is £££ alot alot alot of money per litre.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Weren't all the Flip paint schemes on show at the Motorshow on wing mirrors??

Don't like them myself personally look a bit too many differing colours, but then I am colourblind :D

Perhaps they should offer an Ipod Pearl white effect colour option :)

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Surely it'd be cheaper to buy thecar in as all black and pay your own bodyshop to do it in a flip colour rather than BMW. That way at least you get a bigger choice of flip paint colours and can get the arches etc done at negligible extra cost?

Anyone looked into this?

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
oleum said:
Surely it'd be cheaper to buy thecar in as all black and pay your own bodyshop to do it in a flip colour rather than BMW. That way at least you get a bigger choice of flip paint colours and can get the arches etc done at negligible extra cost?

Anyone looked into this?
Not neccessarily - flip paints cost hundreds and even thousands of pounds per litre whereever they are bought and a body shop will charge a substantial amount to strip the car to a suitable standard to get a good job - £3000 looks a reasonable price to me

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
There is the fear of losing your corrosion warranty too.
I dont think they would worry about that if they can afford to pay that sort of money for a different paint job.:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts