MINI Cooper Forum banner

flip flop paint

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  dinger 
#1 ·
New Mini mag says flip flop Will a BMW optional extra.Anyone any more imfo.Will it only be for new cars?

#3 ·
StevePSB said:
You have to order your car in black, then the car is painted to your flip flop preference on it's arrival at your dealer. IIRC, it's about £3,000. :eek:
I was quoted £3500 when I ordered my MCC. Needless to say I opted for a 'normal' colour! I think the flip colours look a bit pants actually.... something a bit tacky about them.

#4 ·
Ive seen small colour samples of the paint, there nice, but very expensive, as steve said, althought its a BMW optional extra its not painted in the factory, they order your car in solid black, and then a BMW approved bodyshop totally strips your car down and adds the flip paint. Its very expensive because the paint its self from BMW is £££ alot alot alot of money per litre.

#6 ·
Weren't all the Flip paint schemes on show at the Motorshow on wing mirrors??

Don't like them myself personally look a bit too many differing colours, but then I am colourblind :D

Perhaps they should offer an Ipod Pearl white effect colour option :)

#7 ·
Surely it'd be cheaper to buy thecar in as all black and pay your own bodyshop to do it in a flip colour rather than BMW. That way at least you get a bigger choice of flip paint colours and can get the arches etc done at negligible extra cost?

Anyone looked into this?

#8 ·
oleum said:
Surely it'd be cheaper to buy thecar in as all black and pay your own bodyshop to do it in a flip colour rather than BMW. That way at least you get a bigger choice of flip paint colours and can get the arches etc done at negligible extra cost?

Anyone looked into this?
Not neccessarily - flip paints cost hundreds and even thousands of pounds per litre whereever they are bought and a body shop will charge a substantial amount to strip the car to a suitable standard to get a good job - £3000 looks a reasonable price to me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.