MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Mini mag says flip flop Will a BMW optional extra.Anyone any more imfo.Will it only be for new cars?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You have to order your car in black, then the car is painted to your flip flop preference on it's arrival at your dealer. IIRC, it's about £3,000. :eek:

·
Registered
440 Posts
StevePSB said:
You have to order your car in black, then the car is painted to your flip flop preference on it's arrival at your dealer. IIRC, it's about £3,000. :eek:
I was quoted £3500 when I ordered my MCC. Needless to say I opted for a 'normal' colour! I think the flip colours look a bit pants actually.... something a bit tacky about them.

·
Pain In The ...
2,715 Posts
Ive seen small colour samples of the paint, there nice, but very expensive, as steve said, althought its a BMW optional extra its not painted in the factory, they order your car in solid black, and then a BMW approved bodyshop totally strips your car down and adds the flip paint. Its very expensive because the paint its self from BMW is £££ alot alot alot of money per litre.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Weren't all the Flip paint schemes on show at the Motorshow on wing mirrors??

Don't like them myself personally look a bit too many differing colours, but then I am colourblind :D

Perhaps they should offer an Ipod Pearl white effect colour option :)

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Surely it'd be cheaper to buy thecar in as all black and pay your own bodyshop to do it in a flip colour rather than BMW. That way at least you get a bigger choice of flip paint colours and can get the arches etc done at negligible extra cost?

Anyone looked into this?

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
oleum said:
Surely it'd be cheaper to buy thecar in as all black and pay your own bodyshop to do it in a flip colour rather than BMW. That way at least you get a bigger choice of flip paint colours and can get the arches etc done at negligible extra cost?

Anyone looked into this?
Not neccessarily - flip paints cost hundreds and even thousands of pounds per litre whereever they are bought and a body shop will charge a substantial amount to strip the car to a suitable standard to get a good job - £3000 looks a reasonable price to me

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
There is the fear of losing your corrosion warranty too.
I dont think they would worry about that if they can afford to pay that sort of money for a different paint job.:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
dinger
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing