MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dealer finally sent me my floar mats for my convertible today. The 2 front ones fit perfect. The 2 rear ones don't sit firmly on the ground they are to long and part is wedged over the part where you can slide the seats back and forth. Is this normal? It also came with directions for hooking these auger hooks plates onto the mats so they don't slide. Yet the directions say locate retention receptacles in vechile floor pan. Remove plugs, my floor doesn't have these. Did they send the wrong ones for the convertible?

Howard

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
There's not as much rear leg room in the convertible, so they either haven't designed new rear floor mats or sent you the wrong ones.

I have rubber floor mats and didn't use the anchors as the mats don't slide.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm

Hmmm, can anyone else with mats that the dealer gave them confirm they do or don't fit correctly in the back?

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
howardpm said:
Hmmm, can anyone else with mats that the dealer gave them confirm they do or don't fit correctly in the back?
I have the mats from the dealer...the carpeted ones that say MINI. They fit fine, but they are actually quite smaller then the carpetted mats I had in my tintop MC.
Part of them does go underneath the front seat, but it's a skinny enough piece that is shouldn't interfere with the sliding mechanism of the seat.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Under the seats?

Mine goes over the top of the rails. Can you take a picture of your back ones laid flat?

Howard

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
howardpm said:
Mine goes over the top of the rails. Can you take a picture of your back ones laid flat?

Howard
Sure, I will get it tomorrow as it's dark out righ now.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
howardpm said:
You should also ask for measurements of the mats, so you can compare them with measurements of yours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear Floor Mats

Received my MCC in September with rubber mats in front, but NONE in rear as the dealer indicated they are "special" for the convertible and not yet available.

I've checked with the dealer several times in recent weeks and they indicate they are still not available :(

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took a measurement this morning. The length from one end to the othr is 18 inches. The height in the middle section is 10 and 1/2 inches. And the outer two width sections are 6 and 1/2. If the 2 parts that are 6 1/2 would be like 4 inches it would fit perfectly.

·
bepmoc-er
265 Posts
are rubber floor mats standard fit ie not an 'option' on the convertible? I've ordered without the velour mats and was expecting nothing!

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Mats depend on the dealer. I wanted the rubber ones but got carpetted. Ask for them to free, it never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just came back from dealer. The carpeted mats provided do not fit well in the back. I noticed in the showroom model that the seat slid over the rear mat and caused a cut in it.
The riubber mats are not made yet for the rear seats.
So to clear thing up,I mentioned this to dealer and I got back an answer
of "well" Hmm....
It seems that MINI has not made the correct mats for the cabrio yet, or my dealer is selling the wrong mats. :confused:

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
My carpeted mats fit perfectly...... although the drivers one does have a right foot wear mark in it...... mind you, I've done over 5000 miles now so perhaps a new mat maybe due soon.....

Probably the way i rest my foot on the throttle..... rather than the longetivity of BMW mats...

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
It was too dark to take the pic of the mat in the car so I had to bring it inside. The skinner width is 9" and the bigger one is 18" . No crunching under the mat.

Attachments

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
For what it's worth, I'm going with these:

(But not from this source) Mine should be here mid week. I ordered black w/ red specks as I figured that's as close as I'm going to come to the orange colorways.

I've had coco mats in my 733i, 2002tii, Cooper S and soon to be cabriol. I just love the look. And they eat dirt and water like nobody's business.

Backs are available. Should be $99 for the 4, $89 for the fronts only.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Source of Black/Red Coco Mats?

Hey Ductape, What is the source of these mats? I think they would look nice in my Red/Black Cabrio S.

·
Registered
437 Posts
DUCTTAPE said:
For what it's worth, I'm going with these:

Backs are available. Should be $99 for the 4, $89 for the fronts only.

I just went to the Website for cocomats.com. For 4 it's $162.00, for a 2 fronts it's $99. Pretty pricey, but everyone says they're good (still cheaper and more usable than the windblocker, eh?) :p

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
yes, seems coco mats is the most expensive. MOSS has them for $100 for the 4, and if you search on coco mats on google you'd find a few others. I bought my first Cooper set in black with gray there, and I'm waiting for the dropshipment of the black with red.

I think they are sensational for a period, warm and fuzzy feeling look

Here they are in the black and gray:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts