MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on this list buying from Flow MINI in winston Salem, NC?

I'm in Charlotte and I'd love it if there was someone on this list I could comiserate with during the wait!

-Mike

·
Spectator
1,563 Posts
Hi Yurinaut!

Yes, I placed my deposit last week with Mike Foltz (I think that was his name) for a Cooper S.

The construction guys were putting the glass in the showroom windows while I was there, so I don't think they'll have any problems opening on time.

What have your impressions of Flow been, thus far?

Chip H.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A Flow waitlister

Yupper - I am a FLOW MINI waitlister !!

I put down my deposit last summer after seeing the Indi Blue Cooper at the British car show at Tanglewood in Winston-Salem. My impressions have been very favorable thus far. I understand that we should be receiving an info package shortly.

·
Spectator
1,563 Posts
One of the things I *didn't* get when I stopped by with my cheque was some indication of where I was on the list. All he'd say was "4-5 months are ahead of you". Maybe my position in the list will be in the packet.

It's really been a leap of faith for me to put a deposit down, as I've never even seen a MINI in the flesh, much less sat in one! Auto show this weekend here in Raleigh, but I doubt Flow will be there. The local BMW dealer (Leith) has a large area, and wouldn't want anyone else horning in on their business. Maybe I ought to stop by and comment: "Say, you should have left that ugly-duckling 745i at home, and brought along a MINI instead."

Chip H.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm on the Flow list, too. Like most other dealers, they don't really seem to have their act together. I've gotten completely contradictory info from Lee Davis, their BMW sales manager, and Kelvin Bradsher, their Mini guy. I'm hedging my bets by having my name on lists at two other dealers (I'd originally gotten on a list at Leith in Raleigh, but when they wound up not getting the Mini franchise, I scrambled to sign up elsewhere).

I did get a call from them a week or two ago asking what my option preferences would be.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Amigos, I have the distinct pleasure to have sat in a New MINI :D this past weekend in Palm Harbor Florida. All I can say wow wow wow !!! Loved it we were supposed to test drive a few but they had prob with the Tie rod ends thats what they told me. My son and wife also want one. The car is beautiful the color they had avail was the silver w/Black hard top with leather interior. I was very impressed but now I'm yearning to drive it on March 22 when the actual launch goes . I got photos but not digital I forgot my Digital Cam at home damn other wise I would send pics to all of you!!:D :cool:

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know there are others on the board waiting at Flow MINI.

chiph: My impression so far...hmm...somewhat unresponsive. I called just yesterday to see if they would possibly have a MINI at the Korman open house in Greensboro on Saturday but no call back yet. They probably don't have a MINI yet anyway. Lee is very nice on the phone and so is Kelvin but, they are a bit cagey about list numbers. I kept being told that I was low 30's on the list but they won't give me an exact number which makes them a bit suspect to me.

Hey rj, are you a friend of Ben at Bank of America? I think he told me that his pal RJ had put a deposit down. I'm Ben's Brother-in-Law. I wish I had known about the Cooper being at a show in WS. I did see one on top of a Form Excursion at the F1 race in Indianapolis last September. It looked killer but, I didn't get to crawl around in it like I would have liked to.

spindoc: you got a call? You must be high on the list. I've not heard squat from them at all and I'm wilting on the vine. Have even been looking at the C230k 6 speed. I'd love to get some sort of indication from them as to what is going on.

Less than 30 days to get a test drive in a Cooper. I'm guessing we all are awaiting the S????

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ahh, my account initialized. My first post.

I put down a desposit at Flow MINI last week. I was in the area yesterday so I stopped in and talked to Matt. He tells me the list is about 140 names long (I think he said 143). That includes both Cooper and Cooper S names. Their shipment was pushed out to April 1 (must be a joke). I don't know if that's for any cars or just deliverable cars. I picked up a brochure, a description of their pricing/program, and a simple form they want everyone to fill out. It asks for three color choices and option configuration. He says (this is different from what I read in the forums) that they will order the cars from an available central supply to get as close as possible to your desired car. (this sounds like what I'm reading at http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4309) So we may not get exactly what we want unless you wait longer for one come up in the lists. If you choose to wait or want a popular color, they'll side someone else into that month until you car is available. They are expecting 25 cars per month, 60% Cooper, 40% Cooper S. The list is 40% Cooper and 60% Cooper S. They had floor tile down yesterday. It's getting close.

He said Rusty Wallace called last week wanting one and was looking for a place to land a chopper. I'm guessing he'd slide up the list right over top of our heads. Anything for a little PR.

Brad

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rusty Wallace

WOW :eek:

That will be some PR coup for MINI to have good ol' Rusty Wallace a-driven' that #2 Miller Lite MINI 'round dem NASCAR tracks !! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the call to pick options too!

I signed up with Flow back when I lived in Greensboro. I'm back in LA now but will be back in Greensboro by the time the car will be ready for pick up.

Kelvin has been pretty nice. I don't know where I am in line either...

I can't wait!

Silvy
www.silvyinla.com

·
Spectator
1,563 Posts
Delivery date blues

MiniShuttle -

OK, lets do some math.

x 0.6
======
86 people wanting an S

x 0.4
======
10 Cooper S's delivered each month

Since you and I are at the bottom of the list, this means we won't get our rides until (counting on fingers: June, July... uh-oh). January of 2003.

Now I'm depressed.

Chip H.

·
Registered
31 Posts
FLOW MINI

Everybody receive their mail from Flow today ??

Included is the MINI brochure, a copy of the options and associated prices, as well as a request to submit your choices for color, options etc.

I am quite pleased by their policy stating that market adjustments will NOT be added to the MSRP.

So far I am very pleased with Flow's professionalism.

·
Spectator
1,563 Posts
I am quite pleased by their policy stating that market adjustments will NOT be added to the MSRP.
Me too. I'm prepared to pay sticker, but I refuse to pay EDP (extra dealer profit) or MAP (Market Adjusted Price) when I'm ordering in advance. If some Joe were to walk in off the street to buy one, sure, that's capitalism in action. But if I've placed my order on a car sight-unseen, and am prepared to wait my turn in line, then it wouldn't be fair to charge me extra.

Didn't get a mailing from Flow today -- I'll be looking out for it. But since I already gave them my "wish list" when I stopped by, they probably won't send me one. I will have to contact them anyway, to clear up a few things like what color leather, etc.

Chip H.

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my pre-order pack from Flow on Friday. I am just so happy to get something that makes me feel like this may actually happen I'm thrilled. Hopefully I'll get my S before the trip to Indy for the F1 race.

Woohoo!

-M

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yurinaut said:
I got my pre-order pack from Flow on Friday. I am just so happy to get something that makes me feel like this may actually happen I'm thrilled. Hopefully I'll get my S before the trip to Indy for the F1 race.

Woohoo!

-M
Same here, I'm considering driving my S out to Indy!! I wanted to go last year and had tickets, but ended up not going :( Not this year, have firm plans!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi All,

Also on the Flow list, since December of last year. Wonder who's going to take all those Coopers as we all seem to want S's!

Got my pack and still can't make my mind up on color. BRG or Silk Green are my short list (and yes, I know Flow want us to choose 3!).

BTW, I also have tickets for Indy this year. 3 times a charm - managed to get turn 1 section H this time. Convoy to Indy anyone? Alternativly, we may go to Montreal so if anyone wants "standby" for these tickets, let me know. (I won't be able to tell you what number you are on the list but......) ;-)

My experience with Flow has been good and indifferent. At first they were very professional but as time has gone by I get less of an impression that we're #1. I hope they don't get complacent, what with all their allocation from now until the NEW NEW Mini being sold.

Anyone know if Leith in Raleigh will a) Ever be a dealer and/or b) perform servicing? Winston Salem is a long way to drive for an oil change!

-G;)

·
Spectator
1,563 Posts
Hi All!
Got my pre-order package this week. I went with:

1 - Electric Blue
2 - Indi Blue
3 - Chili Red

with the interiors being triple-black, and all with a white roof (this is the South, after all!) I've just decided it's time for a blue car - I've done white, red (couple of times now), and silver.

MINIMENC -
Sure would have been convenient for Leith to be a dealer. They're about 3 miles from the house, and I've ridden my mountain bike down there before to pick up the ML from servicing. Got some strange looks from the other Mercedes customers :cool: :confused: :D .

Chip H.

BTW: Don't forget to put your name & address on page 2 before mailing it off, otherwise they won't know who it's from.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Flow not ready for 22nd?

www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4537&highlight=flow

Don't know if you guys have seen this thread in the General Discussion forum but it looks like Flow aren't going to be ready for the launch date? Or are they? Does not accepting deliveries mean they will be officially open on launch day but without cars?

I was wondering if Flow are having any kind of event that they might invite/accept waitlisted customers. Anyone else heard?

G

·
Spectator
1,563 Posts
Well, that's disappointing. When I was there it looked as if they'd make it. Probably some construction delay (couldn't get the big-screen plasma monitor?)

Chip H.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Jason from Statesville, NC. I am about 30 minutes outside the Winston-Salem area. I have been told that I am between numbers 50 and 60 on the Flow list for a MINI Cooper. I want the car soon, but I guess that I still have a few months to wait. Here is the catch, I have heard from individuals that the MINI's arriving this month are not all taken yet. I am going to call the dealership soon to see if I can take one of the first cars that are supposed to arrive later this month. If the cars are not taken, I may have a chance at driving one home earlier than I thought.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts