MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

Currently in a ford garage helping my father pick a car.

I myself have been sucked in by a White focus RS.

I'm seriously considering swapping my JCW for it.

Does anyone have experience of one and experience of a JCW ie, should I be tempted??

The reason is that I'm also considering modifying my JCW to 270 bhp with coil covers and recaro seats; the RS seems to have it all!?
Odd comparison really. Completely different types of car aimed at completely different markets. I had a Focus RS2 and now have 2013 GP2. The RS was a heavy old car that made more sense the more load it was under. On the other hand the GP makes sense at all load levels. I don't know much about the RS3 - I fancy it but it would be too much car for me for the mileage I do. Besides I 'love' the `GP'. Best £20k I ever spent!

·
Sour Mash
1,323 Posts
Off topic but a certain niche in the market the new 4WD RS definitely compares with a LR or other 4x4. If you live near or commute through an area with single track roads specially in winter as no worries driving a bit off the road when meeting another car. Nice hybrid (in the traditional sense, not regarding engine type) to a SUV as you still have a small fun hatch when you want it. :cool:

Know someone who bought one for this very reason

Just something to think about certain cars while obviously different can attract same customer

21 - 22 of 22 Posts